The Student Room Group

Saudi Arabian employer cuts off Indian woman's hand!!!

Scroll to see replies

Whose hands did they cut off?
Original post by BestBehaviour

The man who did this should be severely punished but he is one man and this is not a reason to cut off Saudi Arabia on the whole.

Except this isn't one man. There are troves of human rights abuses in SA and in the ME as a whole. It is not one person doing it. It is a systematic and often times tolerated practice.
Original post by queen-bee
They won't go down without a fight

Saudis are known for running, their army is probably one of the ****test armies on the planet, the whole Saudi military barely managing to hold down the houthi rebels, so the saudis just bomb civilians, they seek help from pakistani army most of the time.

forget russia Uk china taking over, saudis getting rekt by 16 year old houthi rebels with RPG
Reply 43
Original post by Josb
The article says the whole right arm, not just the hand. :lolwut:
It also says her spinal cord was severed.

So, not so much chopping off a hand, like the way the Saudi courts do with criminals, more like hacked her employer about generally.
(edited 8 years ago)
Saudia Arabia is currently only 28 in the world in terms of military. Can't believe we still prop these savages up.
Original post by halal kebab5
Saudis are known for running, their army is probably one of the ****test armies on the planet, the whole Saudi military barely managing to hold down the houthi rebels, so the saudis just bomb civilians, they seek help from pakistani army most of the time.

forget russia Uk china taking over, saudis getting rekt by 16 year old houthi rebels with RPG

Exactly. Only 28th in the World Pakistan is far a head. Surprised the west hasn't made a move yet.
Reply 46
It's true. We have spoken a lot of Isis' destructions (Palmyra, Nineveh...), but the Saudis have destroyed almost all the historical buildings of their country. Currently, they mercilessly bomb Yemenis and apparently target their World Heritage sites.
(edited 8 years ago)
this is why i hate nawaz shareef, hes planning on selling nukes to these backwards people, which is creating more friction between Pakistan and Iran, Pakistan already has enough problems. I liked it when musharraf was in power, and I love the current military general, need to remove these corrupt politicians. I would support a military coup right now in pakistan.
inshaAllah this will happen one day.
Original post by BestBehaviour
People need to leave Saudi Arabia alone.

Erm, no they don't.

If anything, people need to draw more attention to the deeply sexist, patriarchal and backward society of the Saudis and their egregious human rights abuses and war crimes (against Yemen) and support for the IS.
Reply 50
I would very much like to hear how you have come to this conclusion. Israel, despite it's drawbacks, remains a democratic state with just under a quarter of its population non-Jewish. The Israeli parliament has Arab representation in the Knesset (out of the 120 MKs, 13 are from the (Arab) Joint list. Would you happen to have the statistics on Saudi Arabia's Parliament? Oh, that's right. It's an absolute monarchy.
It's funny how you never like to acknowledge the Europeans in all of this.

It's funny how it's all you can do.

There was blame on both sides but only one side likes to take the narrative, accentuate only one side of it then parade it around society as 'the whole truth.'

That tells me their motivation isn't pure, it's orientated around narrative control and for their own self-serving, nefarious purposes (see white privilege, which only exists as a consequence of slavery, and is the ultimate form of censorship of all contrary opinion - 'you're white, I don't need to listen to you.')

I'd have no problem with people raising these topics for discussion if they didn't cloak the entire debate in race baiting, censorship of contrary opinion and accentuated narratives orientated around omission.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TheCitizenAct
It's funny how it's all you can do.

There was blame on both sides but only one side likes to take the narrative, accentuate only one side of it then parade it around society as 'the whole truth.'

That tells me their motivation isn't pure, it's orientated around narrative control and for their own self-serving, nefarious purposes (see white privilege, which only exists as a consequence of slavery, and is the ultimate form of censorship of all contrary opinion - 'you're white, I don't need to listen to you.':wink:

I'd have no problem with people raising these topics for discussion if they didn't cloak the entire debate in race baiting, censorship of contrary opinion and accentuated narratives orientated around omission.

Lol I was pointing out to him why he was ignoring what the Europeans had done in Africa. Were they not savages? Or were they there to actually help the Africans? Who said anything about white privilege,that's a whole different issue
Reply 53
Pathetic. Better luck next time.
We should intervene on humanitarian grounds. We clearly know this is where the funding for ISIS comes from and many nut cases around the world. It's ripe.
Lol I was pointing out to him why he was ignoring what the Europeans had done in Africa. Were they not savages? Or were they there to actually help the Africans? Who said anything about white privilege,that's a whole different issue

White privilege, of the sort the left-wing envisages (i.e. 'you aren't entitled to an opinion because you're white'), wouldn't exist without slavery.

Again, you've just accentuated the narrative. What of the fact the vast majority of African slaves were enslaved by black African tribal leaders? What of the millions of white European slaves enslaved through the Arab slave trade?

Why do you focus only on one side? Why do you cherry-pick the narrative and refuse to acknowledge the responsibility of black African tribal leaders in the same way modern Nigerian MPs, and descendants of those tribal leaders, do? African slaves weren't purchased from Africans by the Europeans because they were black or inferior, they were purchased because Africa was, at the time, the only continent dealing slaves on a systemic scale.

Your cloaking of the narrative tells me your motive isn't pure, or it's ill-informed. I have no problem talking about European slavery, I have a problem with people exploiting slaves for their own nefarious purposes, i.e., to manufacture shame and guilt by only highlighting part of the story.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TheCitizenAct
White privilege, of the sort the left-wing envisages (i.e. 'you aren't entitled to an opinion because you're white':wink:, wouldn't exist without slavery.

Again, you've just accentuated the narrative. What of the fact the vast majority of African slaves were enslaved by black African tribal leaders? What of the millions of white European slaves enslaved through the Arab slave trade?

Why do you focus only on one side? Why do you cherry-pick the narrative and refuse to acknowledge the responsibility of black African tribal leaders in the same way modern Nigerian MPs, and descendants of those tribal leaders, do?

It tells me the motive isn't pure, or it's ill-informed. I have no problem talking about European slavery, I have a problem with people exploiting slaves for their own nefarious purposes.

Good,I'm glad you realise the Europeans were also to blame. That's all I wanted to hear :smile:
Good,I'm glad you realise the Europeans were also to blame. That's all I wanted to hear :smile:

Of course they were. As were the African tribal leaders who kidnapped, sold and profited from millions of slaves, as were those in the Arab slave trade who purchased far more African slaves than the Europeans ever did.

Everyone was trading slaves, and they were slaves of every ethnicity. The only reason the colonists went to Africa in the first place is because they grew sick of white indentured servitude and the limitations placed upon contracts.

I hope your puerile race baiting and dishonest propagating of fallacious narratives doesn't come back to bite you on the ass someday. The world needs honesty, not manipulation, ethnocentrism and own-group bias.
Never seen much backlash for Iraq/Afghan. But if it continues like this we have no other choice. Give it time it will crumble by itself.
Original post by Illiberal Liberal
Erm, no they don't.

If anything, people need to draw more attention to the deeply sexist, patriarchal and backward society of the Saudis and their egregious human rights abuses and war crimes (against Yemen) and support for the IS.

It's unacceptable how this poor woman was treat and I am making no excuses for that crime, but criminal acts do not define Saudi Arabia and it's unfair to act as if they are all evil people who abuse household maids.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending