The Student Room Group

What was your favourite toy as a child?

I love my Transformers and video games, but if I had to choose, my ultimate childhood toy must have been the Lego Pirate Ship.

Scroll to see replies

My calculator. It said hello to me and everything!
Reply 2
Omg i had so many action figures that I used to have epic fights with, I even bathed with them :ahee:
Reply 3
Original post by SeanFM
My calculator. It said hello to me and everything!

And showed you boobs :ahee:
This little toy gun. Good times. :moon:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lego and Meccano sets.

However there was 1 particular toy I always wanted, it was a radio controlled aircraft, in particular it was one of those kits made from Balsa wood that you have to self-assemble, It was powered by a small petrol engine.

I wanted that when I was 9, my parents promised that if I came out in the top 5 in school that year that they would give me the money for it.

Well that year I came out number 2, they gave me $700 for it. Was a lot of money back the and I placed all of it into my bank account.

Alas in my younger days I was rather tight fisted with money once it got into my hands, rarely ever did I buy something to treat myself. I had this crazy idea in my head that I needed to save up as much money as possible as many someday in the near future due to being the "unloved" child in the house that I might have to move out and fend for myself, therefore if that day came I wanted to move to America and make it big there.

Well that Saturday came, I went to the shopping Arcade, it was Sim Lim Square where there was a hobby shop. I withdrew $500 from the ATM, I showed up really early in the morning, I asked for the full kit and all its accessories, the total came up to $520, I asked the shopkeeper for a discount and she said she'd let me have it for $480 cash. I showed her that I had $450 and asked if I could have it for $450 but she didn't, therefore I left the shop empty handed, instead went back to the Post Office Bank, placed all the money into my bank account, then went to the McDonald's for a hot fudge sundae. When I returned home empty handed everyone wondered what happened to the aircraft I had gone out to buy, I told everyone there was no stock. When I was leaving the mall, I passed by the hobby shop, I felt really sad I was going home empty handed, it almost changed because as I passed the shop the shopkeeper told me I could have it for $450 cash on condition I took one of the display set controllers. I told her it was okay, I will return when I had more money.

Well it became the toy that I always wanted promised myself I would get one but never did,
haha cheers :tongue:

I'm a massive fan of ME1 but the second one looks set to be awesome
Rampant Rabbit.
Reply 9
My Barbie and Bratz dolls, with all their little accessories. Oh and my doll's house. :love:
Reply 11
Nothing beats playmobil, how I miss my Viking ship :frown:

BIONICLES!! the stories and website was so awesome as well :biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)

Conkers, I used to go hunting for the biggest ones :lol:
I had quite a few power rangers and transformers so i'll say those.
I can remember singing that song as well. I still don't know the relevance of it when teachers don't even like you playing with them...
Reply 17
My favourite toys were my teddies. Still can't bring myself to get rid of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I remember this song! :rofl: I just watched the vid and sang along :ahee: this is probably going to be in my head for the rest of the night, thanks Serah :tongue:
Original post by Zuki
And showed you boobs :ahee:

Is that 'there was a woman who was 69 but wanted to look 22 etc.'??

Quick Reply

Latest