The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Foxxy
This is probably a stupid question, but do the halls have arial sockets for TV's? And if not, how good is the reception with indoor arials including freeview?

Thanks.

I'm fairly sure they don't. You'll need a TV licence as well if you bring a TV.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 381
has anyoned heard from them yet? has anyone received a contract from imperial about where they'll be stayin at?
andrikkos
has anyoned heard from them yet? has anyone received a contract from imperial about where they'll be stayin at?

nope - if it doesn't come by the end of this week I may go crazy.
Reply 383
I remember reading somewhere that they would try to let us know by the end of August. I'm guessing it depended how quickly they could confirm all the offers.

Which halls did most people apply to?
hum... I don't remember which halls I applied to... just remember I applied to the cheapest rooms! I want to know where I am going though!
i tried to apply to the cheapest and closest single rooms though i think my last two choices were quite expensive for some reason
i applied for triple rooms... I woulsd have obviously liked a single room better but they're SO expensive! So I decided to find bfs for my room mates very early so that they leave the room to me...! :wink: anyways, I am not planning to spend much time in my room and I need the money for so many other things... :wink:
Reply 387
There are also self-storage companies, I don't know how they work (I've never used one) but I assume you take stuff in a box and it gets put in a warehouse until you want it back, and you pay them. Maybe they collect it for a fee too.

I moved house using a taxi after 1st year, and by carrying things in boxes after 3rd year (exhausting! Even though it was only 5 minutes away).

If you have a twin/triple room just ask your roommate(s) if you can have a friend round. If you get on with each other it shouldn't really be a problem.
(If you really hate them, appear with your friends at 2am, very drunk, and pass out on the floor. Worked for me!).
Some halls have guest rooms you can rent for a few nights if you need it :wink:.

If you're really stuck there's always Easy Hotel.
Reply 388
I applied to Picaddilly Court, Pembridge halls ( both single en suite) and the rest standard single. Weeks Hall ,Wilson House,Garden Hall, Southwell, Holbein, in order. I SO CANT WAIT EITHER. they've driven us crazy!
andrikkos
I applied to Picaddilly Court, Pembridge halls ( both single en suite) and the rest standard single. Weeks Hall ,Wilson House,Garden Hall, Southwell, Holbein, in order. I SO CANT WAIT EITHER. they've driven us crazy!

Maybe it's a conspiracy and they're doingit on purpose because they have too many applicants and they want to see who will drop out first...:p:
Reply 390
Piccadilly Court is still used? OK, I'll update some info I've given since it's a bit different:
Phones in Piccadilly Court are different from in other halls, they're VOIP phones and separate from the College system. Internal calls between PCourt phones are free, but you can't call College numbers for free. You don't get a London phone number, but a VOIP number (+44 (0)56 xxxxxxxx) which can cost more to call.

There are TV sockets in every room, I don't know how good they are since I never used them and don't know anyone who did, since there's a TV in every flat (group of 5/6 rooms) anyway.

Two Cs, two Ls!
Reply 391
xaxa
Piccadilly Court is still used? OK, I'll update some info I've given since it's a bit different:
Phones in Piccadilly Court are different from in other halls, they're VOIP phones and separate from the College system. Internal calls between PCourt phones are free, but you can't call College numbers for free. You don't get a London phone number, but a VOIP number (+44 (0)56 xxxxxxxx) which can cost more to call.

There are TV sockets in every room, I don't know how good they are since I never used them and don't know anyone who did, since there's a TV in every flat (group of 5/6 rooms) anyway.

Two Cs, two Ls!

YIKES... Im starting to regret choosing Piccadilly court as my 2nd choice... Im doomed.. i doubt if I;ll get my southside choice... =/

I heard its pretty far from campus too...
Reply 392
player23
YIKES... Im starting to regret choosing Piccadilly court as my 2nd choice... Im doomed.. i doubt if I;ll get my southside choice... =/

I heard its pretty far from campus too...

The phone isn't that big a deal really! Presumably you'll buy a UK mobile (or a UK SIM card) anyway.

It is further than the other halls, you need to take the tube (subway train) in to College. This takes about 30-35 minutes door-to-door. Piccadilly Court is about 1 minute walk from the station (maybe less!) though, it's great for going out in the evenings.
So, it seems like people are starting to get their accommodation now. Does anyone know how this is done? Does it matter when you applied for it or is it all random? I'm asking since I applied in June for Beit as first choice and others who applied earlier have already got Beit. So does anyone know if there will be like a second batch of successful Beit applicants or if all of Beit's rooms have been allocated?

I really wanted Beit lol.
Reply 394
Rickard.N
So, it seems like people are starting to get their accommodation now. Does anyone know how this is done? Does it matter when you applied for it or is it all random? I'm asking since I applied in June for Beit as first choice and others who applied earlier have already got Beit. So does anyone know if there will be like a second batch of successful Beit applicants or if all of Beit's rooms have been allocated?

What are you talking about? The allocation of the rooms won't start, at least not until after the 3rd of September. So how can it be possible?
andrikkos
What are you talking about? The allocation of the rooms won't start, at least not until after the 3rd of September. So how can it be possible?

It has already started, trust me. And Imperial has said in emails and on their website that they would start allocating at end of August. Many people on facebook have already got Beit :frown:
Reply 396
Rickard.N

You really want Beit. Don't give up so soon!

(I don't know how they're allocated)
yeah lol, doesn't seem too good now though :P
Reply 398
I got Beit :biggrin:

Woo :biggrin:
Reply 399
did u get an email?

Latest

Trending

Trending