The Student Room Group

Its my 25th Birthday; I've had a mediocre day....anyone ever feel 'meh' on birthdays?

Hi all,

Today is my 25th birthday. I've not exactly been looking forward to it for a while, and about a week ago- my mother had to even remind me, 'its your birthday next week isn't it!', and I was just very 'meh ah well'.

Mostly because I've been very distracted and kind of stressed with life events and worried about a whole manner of things (finding a job, moving out with partner, paying contributions to rent/train fares).

Then came my birthday:- i've kind of just travelled from my partners home on train, came home tired, exhausted and a bit 'meh'. I got some cards with money in (which is all great, I appreciate it- I'm not materialistic at all).

Its just, I feel kind of like my birthday isn't such a big deal: at least not to the wider population and outside my scope of friends. Like the rest of the world is moving and I'm kinda like 'hey its my birthday'. But then at same time I suppress how I feel.

I guess I should be grateful for the things I do have, like the fact I made it to the final stages of a job interview (taking place soon)- so I can move away sooner. But I dunno, so many emotions at such a transient stage in my life.

Anyways; I am 25 today (quarter of a century old) and it hasn't been anything significant (like I perhaps had wished). Does anyone else ever have this deep sense of emptiness at end of/on birthday?
Hey there happy birthday enjoy.

Its was my 20th b'day yday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
it is my birthday soon but i'm pretty sure noone apart from my parents will remember lol :h:
I've felt 'meh' on my birthdays for the past two years
Original post by AsandaLFC
Hey there happy birthday enjoy.

Its was my 20th b'day yday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Happy late bday and happy bday to u OP :ahee:

The older I get the less exciting bdays are :/
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Hi all,

Today is my 25th birthday. I've not exactly been looking forward to it for a while, and about a week ago- my mother had to even remind me, 'its your birthday next week isn't it!', and I was just very 'meh ah well'.

Mostly because I've been very distracted and kind of stressed with life events and worried about a whole manner of things (finding a job, moving out with partner, paying contributions to rent/train fares).

Then came my birthday:- i've kind of just travelled from my partners home on train, came home tired, exhausted and a bit 'meh'. I got some cards with money in (which is all great, I appreciate it- I'm not materialistic at all).

Its just, I feel kind of like my birthday isn't such a big deal: at least not to the wider population and outside my scope of friends. Like the rest of the world is moving and I'm kinda like 'hey its my birthday'. But then at same time I suppress how I feel.

I guess I should be grateful for the things I do have, like the fact I made it to the final stages of a job interview (taking place soon)- so I can move away sooner. But I dunno, so many emotions at such a transient stage in my life.

Anyways; I am 25 today (quarter of a century old) and it hasn't been anything significant (like I perhaps had wished). Does anyone else ever have this deep sense of emptiness at end of/on birthday?

I'm a lot younger than you oops xD. But I'm in an opposite situation to you.
I stopped celebrating my birthday when I was 13. I realised that it was useless to me to commemorate the day you were born. I stopped it by simply not caring. My parents still inflict birthday traditions upon me, trying to organise something and my friends all wish me a happy birthday (if Facebook doesn't remind them) and I say thank you (because its social custom) and to get it out the way.

Do you really still care about your birthday? Of course, it's fine to enjoy your birthday, hey free money, but you've lived a quarter of a century, doesn't it get boring to you now?
happy birthday!! and yeah you always have some sort of subconscious hope for your birthdays which usually leads to disappointment :frown:
Original post by RainbowKiwi

The older I get the less exciting bdays are :/

yeah same, it is like christmas, it gradually gets less magical :s-smilie:
Hi all,

Today is my 25th birthday.

Happy Birthday! :h:
Reply 9
I haven't celebrated my birthday properly since I was 9 :/ I hate the concept of birthdays and being the centre of attention, I don't mind going to them though. Happy Birthday OP :smile:
Happy Birthday! :cake:

I don't really feel anything on my birthday either, it stopped feeling significant after I turned 13 or so :smile:
Reply 11
Happy bday An

This year's 18th was dismal
Who doesn't get cake??? :cry:
Hi all,

Happy birthday OP:smile: and yeah, I've found that, especially on my 18th. I just don't get the fuss because everyone's growing older all the time?
Hi guys,

Thank you so much for all of your birthday wishes. I guess I kind of feel odd too, because whenever people ask me what birthday it is, or how old I am- I tell them "its my 25th/i'm 25", and they always recoil in shock and look at me like: "nooo...your not 25", or "Whoa you don't look 25".

I've always took it as a sort of bad thing. Or as though I wasn't worthy enough to be 'my age'- sounds weird- but does this make sense? I have a sort of discomfort with not looking my age, subconsciously.

I certainly don't feel 25, and I am very baby-faced for my age. I'd say I still looked teenage, and some people take the 'micky' out of that.
everyone for the last four years. Just dont care about them

Its probably because my dad died so close to my 30th
Mine's in 9 days and I'm not really bothered.
Happy Birthday Love :smile:
Hi all,

firstly, happy birthday
secondly yeah I always feel like that don't know why. but I do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending