The Student Room Group

Girls how often do you wear foundation?

Scroll to see replies

Only on special occasions like dates and such, I have the same problem where my skin goes really horrible after I use it, no matter what foundation I use (although I found the Fit me one is the worst) :frown:
Original post by SophieSmall
Missha perfect signature, it's a Korean BB cream.

Where can you get it from in the UK? :smile:

xGCSE_Studentx
I wear the Garnier BB cream - it's sooo God honestly my skin has improved lots

Ahh my sisters use that, do you have the normal kind or one of the anti aging ones or ones for dry skin or something? :smile:
Original post by SwedishRedhead

Ahh my sisters use that, do you have the normal kind or one of the anti aging ones or ones for dry skin or something? :smile:

Nah just the normal one I think it's 7 in 1 or something of the kind
Reply 23
I use Missha BB cream (it's korean), it's great, tbh, it's even better than the clinique foundation i used before that. Wear it every day except sundays - when i go outside, basically. My skin's better than it used to be as well, and it covers everything pretty well :smile: Plus, as a bonus, it was only a pound or two on aliexpress, free delivery, and that's legit :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've bought it on eBay from this seller for ages.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221620527913?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Original post by Arusya
I use Missha BB cream (it's korean), it's great, tbh, it's even better than the clinique foundation i used before that. Wear it every day except sundays - when i go outside, basically. My skin's better than it used to be as well, and it covers everything pretty well :smile: Plus, as a bonus, it was only a pound or two on aliexpress, free delivery, and that's legit :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg link please? :biggrin:
Original post by Arusya

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg. Link please, I've been paying £12 a tube for ages.
Reply 27
Every day, mostly because I'm just super conscious about my looks so I like to have something to cover with
Omg. Link please, I've been paying £12 a tube for ages.

Thirded!

Also, what shade do you all go for in it? Since I've never heard of it before and can't really go and test out colours, what would you recommend in terms of your own skin tone?

(I'm very pale myself, but not sure how that would compare to the Korean market - my usual shade is Calico from No. 7)
Original post by clonedmemories
Thirded!

Also, what shade do you all go for in it? Since I've never heard of it before and can't really go and test out colours, what would you recommend in terms of your own skin tone?

(I'm very pale myself, but not sure how that would compare to the Korean market - my usual shade is Calico from No. 7)

I go for #13 milky beige. Which is the lightest shade. Only bb cream/ foundation I have found not only light enough for me but the correct undertone. And I have literally tried every drug store foundation, all came up orange on me. Or too dark with pink undertones (I have a yellow undertone).

Also signature real complete #13 is the lightest of all the missha range. There are other missha bb creams that are also called #13 milky beige but are darker.

Also if you have trouble finding a foundation or bb cream light enough, possibly think about investing in a white foundation base which you can use to mix with ones that are slightly too dark. I personally (before I found missha perfect signature #13) used to use the keromask white foundation which is about £7 also think it's with free p and p on the website.

Edi for reference this is what it looks like:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221620527913?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

You can also get it in a smaller tube, different shape packaging but same floral design.
(edited 8 years ago)
I go for #13 milky beige. Which is the lightest shade. Only bb cream/ foundation I have found not only light enough for me but the correct undertone. And I have literally tried every drug store foundation, all came up orange on me. Or too dark with pink undertones (I have a yellow undertone).

Also signature real complete #13 is the lightest of all the missha range. There are other missha bb creams that are also called #13 milky beige but are darker.

Also if you have trouble finding a foundation or bb cream light enough, possibly think about investing in a white foundation base which you can use to mix with ones that are slightly too dark. I personally (before I found missha perfect signature #13) used to use the keromask white foundation which is about £7 also think it's with free p and p on the website.

Edi for reference this is what it looks like:

You can also get it in a smaller tube, different shape packaging but same floral design.

Thank you!

I tend to find something of the opposite in that foundations tend to come up too yellowy on me. The No.7 one I use right now is the closest thing I've managed to find, and it's good when I'm trying to tone down my skin when it's having a very red day, but it's not perfect.

I shall check out both of them :smile:
Original post by clonedmemories
Thank you!

I tend to find something of the opposite in that foundations tend to come up too yellowy on me. The No.7 one I use right now is the closest thing I've managed to find, and it's good when I'm trying to tone down my skin when it's having a very red day, but it's not perfect.

I shall check out both of them :smile:

Ahh I see, sounds like we're different undertones then. :smile:
mnxtrose
Only on special occasions like dates and such, I have the same problem where my skin goes really horrible after I use it, no matter what foundation I use (although I found the Fit me one is the worst)

Which ones have you tried? Which one is the fit me? :smile:

Yeah its bad. My pale freckled skin looks awful after removal
I ran out of mine so I havent worn it for a few days and my skin looks MUCH better...!

I used a really expensive brand too, does it always make your skin worse?

Girls how many days a week do you wear it? :smile:

Never. I don't need it and I think it's gross
Reply 34
Only when I'm going on a night out. I normally use BB cream instead which I wear most days.
Original post by gemmam
Only when I'm going on a night out. I normally use BB cream instead which I wear most days.

Which BB cream? :smile:
Everyday, I don't find it makes my skin worse but I take acne medication because I used to have really bad acne (thankfully not anymore) I use the dior star foundation.
Reply 37
I never apply foundation heavily because I hate how heavy it feels. But when I'm wearing it, it's probably like every two weeks or when I feel like it, which isn't often.
Original post by Sophie507
Everyday, I don't find it makes my skin worse but I take acne medication because I used to have really bad acne (thankfully not anymore) I use the dior star foundation.

Is that one good? :smile:

Yeah I used to be on proactive :s-smilie:

Ndella
I never apply foundation heavily because I hate how heavy it feels. But when I'm wearing it, it's probably like every two weeks or when I feel like it, which isn't often.

Which one do you use that feels heavy? I like the "heavy" feel :colondollar:
Never - once or twice at weddings but that's it - really crap at applying it so kinda just leave it plus takes too long and then taking it off cba

Quick Reply

Latest