The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by drowzee
Google translate isn't always reliable, and I speak, read and write fluent Punjabi.

watch out for this one
Original post by Tabstercat
watch out for this one

What does that suppose to me? :colonhash:
No one in real life really gives a **** about this sort of thing. Once you get past 25 most people have slept with quite a few guys/girls. It's really not that shocking unless it's in the hundreds.
Original post by drowzee
What does that suppose to me? :colonhash:

fluent punjabi but she can't handle english
Original post by MAINE.
lol what? think there's something up with your eyes mate - you're completely misinterpreting the chart.

I just ran a quick and dirty statistical model to see what this chart would look like with a simplistic view with no causal relationship between "smuttiness" and marriage "quality" (as defined by that graph).

Random sample of random created "women" based on a few assumptions:

Random age between 30 and 65

86% chance of a woman being married

Random age of marriage between 18 and their age

A woman has a random number of sexual partners a year between 0 and 2, starting at 18 ("Sluttiness", if you will). This is a constant per woman.

Note that the promiscuity of the woman is unrelated to any other field. There is no relationship in this model between the marriage chance and the promiscuity. A woman who maxes out "2 partners a year" still has the same chance of being married happily (5 years or longer) than someone who scraped by as barely a spinster with a single partner over their whole 65 year life.

So there's zero connection between marriage "quality", and "sluttiness".

So, lets see what this produces:

Oh, well that looks a lot alike considering this was such a crude model. Clearly you can get that kind of trend simply because of the data you are looking at.

Correlation on a graph doesn't mean there's a causal relationship between two things - especially when you design a way of sampling and displaying the data that forces a correlation...

Just did this in excel:

(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by panophobic
In this day and age, very few women or men will be virgins when you marry them.

This is such a typical question.

If instead, we asked, "Would you marry a man who had sex with more than 15 people", the first thought that would pop into my head would be "15? That's pretty low for a guy". It's this underlying gender bias that puts women at disadvantage.

Should I marry a woman who has had sex with more than 15 men?

If my brother, friend or colleague asked me this about his potential wife, I would tell him no.

Why?

Because if you have to ask this question, it shows you are uncomfortable with her sexualitiy, and could ultimatley cause a bad marriage.

But if you're asking me if its okay to marry a woman who has had sex with 15 people, um, then YES, because its her body and you can't control her past. So long as she hasn't slept with any of these people WHILST YOU WERE TOGETHER, what can you say about it really?

If you start questioning your feelings or future with somebody because of their past, where does it stop really?

to be fair health wise could be an issue with STD's etc....theres more important things in life but still
Original post by Straighthate
no hymen do diamond crew

If you're wanting to marry someone "pure" find yourself a religious girl. By the time they're 30 a lot of women will have slept with 15 guys. Get over yourself, life is way to short to have slept with only 2-4 guys.
Original post by keturah
A girl who has been with one guy could be having sex more often than a girl who has been with 15. So if you're saying having lots of sex makes a vagina loose (which is rubbish btw ) then a girl in a relationship, having sex more often, would have a looser vagina. Do you not have the intelligence to understand that 🙈

No we are not talking about 1 person in a relationship here. We are talking about 15 guys and every guys dick size varies if you got the picture.
I couldn't care less tbh. Nobody should feel obliged to "save themselves" until marriage (unless they're very religious, of course).
However many people she was with before you should have absolutely no effect on whether you're likely to marry her or not because what she did before you is none of your goddamn business. As long as she has not got any STIs and isn't going to cheat on you then what the hell is the problem?
Yes, assuming we both liked each other enough to do it.
Original post by liquity
However many people she was with before you should have absolutely no effect on whether you're likely to marry her or not because what she did before you is none of your goddamn business. As long as she has not got any STIs and isn't going to cheat on you then what the hell is the problem?

Some people are still living in the 19th century and consider premarital sex a sin and those who indulge in it as weak people who do not resist their God-given like they're obviously supposed to do. I mean, what better sign is there that God doesn't want us to have sex than for him to instil the desire in us in the first place? :lol: #Logic.

Oh and then there's the boring people who aren't necessarily religious but suffer from Disney Princess Syndrome and are always looking for 'the one.'
Original post by Hydeman
Oh and then there's the boring people who aren't necessarily religious but suffer from Disney Princess Syndrome and are always looking for 'the one.'

[video="youtube;JUVOgPzXm7g"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUVOgPzXm7g[/video]
Original post by Hydeman
Some people are still living in the 19th century and consider premarital sex a sin and those who indulge in it as weak people who do not resist their God-given like they're obviously supposed to do. I mean, what better sign is there that God doesn't want us to have sex than for him to instil the desire in us in the first place? :lol: #Logic.

Some people need a reality check, anyway I think I'd rather have someone who knows what they're doing as someone I want to marry than a complete newbie! I don't care how many women a guy I get with has been with previously literally as long as they don't have STIs and they won't cheat on me!

I despise people who think they're so high and mighty like 'oh yah I don't sleep with women who have been with more than 3 other people' but in fact they're seriously limiting themselves with their options :rofl:
Original post by RiotGirll
[video="youtube;JUVOgPzXm7g"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUVOgPzXm7g[/video]

Not sure whether you're agreeing or disagreeing but this video resembles the attitude of the people I've criticised rather than mine. :lol:
Original post by lilseez
No we are not talking about 1 person in a relationship here. We are talking about 15 guys and every guys dick size varies if you got the picture.

the
size
of
a
penis
does
not
determine
how
loose
a
vagina
is
Original post by Bupdeeboowah
There's a term for this kind of person: a cock monkey, because they swing from penis to penis.

beautiful image.
It's clear to see which guys on TSR can't get any & would feel insecure in a relationship with a woman who could :h:
Original post by King Mal
why are they all black names

you beautiful bastard.
Original post by Hydeman
Not sure whether you're agreeing or disagreeing but this video resembles the attitude of the people I've criticised rather than mine. :lol:

I saw you insulting bronies and fedoras the other day.

#redditiswatching

[video="youtube;zH5-DNfHaZ0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH5-DNfHaZ0[/video]

Latest