The Student Room Group

Would you rather be born rich or smart?

Would you rather be born rich or super smart?

rich couple of million
super smart but poor based in the UK

Bill

What we have learnt so far:
-Those who are poor and smart generally know it sucks and would rather be born rich
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

can we have a poll? :ahee::dance:
i love a good poll :puppyeyes:
Rich and stupid. Unfortunately I was born poor and relatively smart and it hasn't really done me many favours.
Reply 3
I'm gonna say smart.
Reply 4
Original post by CoolCavy
can we have a poll? :ahee::dance:
i love a good poll :puppyeyes:

i tend to find polls kill off a thread because then no one posts :P

years of TSR experience
smart!!
Smart. I couldn't imagine being stupid. If you were stupid you'd just spend your money on stupid things, like Android.
Original post by Bill_Gates
i tend to find polls kill off a thread because then no one posts :P

years of TSR experience

oh alright then :cry:that is actually a good point tho as ppl tend to vote and not comment,

anyways at first i thought smart and poor bc i actually don't care that much about money i just want enough to live comftably on, look after my parents when they are older and have guinea pigs.
however i was thinking that there is a loop hole, is it not possible in this hypothetical question to be rich and smart? :smile:
Rich, what's the point of being intelligent if you're dead poor, your aim will be to get out of your circumstances and become affluent using your brain.

So being born with money in your pocket, just cuts out all the hard work, and allows you to be a pineapple under a palm tree.:u:

So I'd go with the money.
Smart. You can always get rich but you can't get smarter
Smart because I would use my intelligence to become rich!
Original post by Awesome Genius
Smart. I couldn't imagine being stupid. If you were stupid you'd just spend your money on stupid things, like Android.

That's weird. It's almost as if you're implying that you're smart. :rofl: From your post record I'd wager your IQ to be in the single digits (not to say IQ is the only measure of intelligence - Maybe you're a savant at being a moron?) :smile:
But wait.. can someone be genetically born more intelligent than others?

There are some that disagree, and there some that agree, I am on the fence about this one.

Doesn't it generally come down to many other contributing factors like education, environment, upbringing, nurturing etc?

Some may say that some are born more gifted than most, but you can't just down play the other contributions.
(edited 8 years ago)
Rich if it is above £2m otherwise poor.
Original post by hihihihihi
Rich if it is above £2m otherwise poor.

it's 2.5m :tongue:
Reply 15
Original post by Lucasium
Smart. You can always get rich but you can't get smarter

interesting
Original post by High Stakes
From your post record I'd wager your IQ to be in the single digits )

well all the simplistic people do.
Smart, would rather succeed in a career having worked hard for it than having everything handed to me with little hard graft on my half.
Reply 18
Rich, of course.
Rich & smirt

Quick Reply

Latest