The Student Room Group

Master application - English test for international student

Hi,

I am an international student willing to apply to an Edinburgh master next year (2016-2017).

As part of my university degree, I spent, last year (2014-2015), my 3rd year of BSc as an affiliate student at UCL(University College London). To enter the BSc program as an international student I passed the IELTS (August 2013, scoring 7.0).

I was wondering if I had to pass the english exam again to apply to an Edinburgh master - knowing that I spent 1 year in London + the IELTS in 2013.

Thank you in advance for your answers !

V.
I don't know if you still need an answer, but I asked the admissions office about whether I'd have to provide any extra documents for language requirement since my degree programme was instructed and examined in English. This was the answer:

"Thank you for your query. If you are able to provide official confirmation that your studies were taught and assessed entirely in English then it may be considered towards a waiver, however it is likely that you will still need to complete an official English language test."

So I'm assuming you'd most likely have to take an official test. And your test taken in June 2013 shouldn't be valid as it has been over two years since you took it.

Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending