The Student Room Group

What GCSE's should i take?

I don't know what to take for my GCSE's. I want to take History and PE. But people say PE is boring because it is only 30% physical and the rest theory. I don't what i should take for my third choice.
Also the GCSE languages are changing and so is the grading system. No more letters but numbers.
Do what you love but i would say not to do pe and history is a good gcse but very hard.
with good teachers and decent effort, good grades are possible in any subject really. If you do PE i'd say it isn't just a piss about anymore and it now requires basic effort.
What are your options? Choose what you enjoy and what you are good at as GCSE's are getting harder now with less coursework.
Reply 4
Do something that are suitable to the profession you want in the future, and they should be something that you enjoy
What is in the third option column?
Plus, PE can be the light subject which also helps you to some extent with your biology. If you're taking all the core subjects then PE will look good as a variety.
Original post by _ariane29
What are your options? Choose what you enjoy and what you are good at as GCSE's are getting harder now with less coursework.

Exactly and i am going to be moving schools so i am not sure about all my options. I also want to take a dutch gcse.
Original post by salmonfishyyy
I don't know what to take for my GCSE's. I want to take History and PE. But people say PE is boring because it is only 30% physical and the rest theory. I don't what i should take for my third choice.
Also the GCSE languages are changing and so is the grading system. No more letters but numbers.

hey,
it really depends
because at the end of the day you need to get the best grades possible.
if you honestly think you will do better in PE then do it.

coz think of it like this....
would you rather do a subject because it more valued or get a good grade in another subject.

this is a decision you need to make ! :smile:
personally i would encourage a humanity as it is highly valued.
hope this helped
good luck
Original post by salmonfishyyy
Exactly and i am going to be moving schools so i am not sure about all my options. I also want to take a dutch gcse.

Dutch is a great option, languages are well valued and it's an interesting choice. If science isn't important to your future I would advice you not to do triple science, double is far easier because the exams are more spaced out. PE would be a good break from all your academic subjects and either history or geography would be a good humanity to take :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest