The Student Room Group

(Sixth from) I'm in deep schnitzel - What are my options?

Hello!

I'm in deep crap! I've been off Sixth form for just over a month now due to a major health problem, but before I had to leave sixth form, I wasn't enjoying it all all, I hated my lessons, teachers and 70% of the people there. Since the sixth form is the same building as the High School i went to, I didn't think that would be the case, but, it is!

Anyways....

I have to have a scan on Monday, and if that shows up all clear, I am ment to be returning to sixth form on Tuesday, My problem is, right back in mid September when the health problems occurred, i was sent a Butt-ton of work, and I haven't done a word of it, what now puts me in the awkward position, when i go back and ive done nothing, i will be a full 7 Weeks behind everyone else. and 7 weeks of no work, personally, I don't think it would be worth-while going back, I've been looking and applying to apprenticeships in my local area, but as of yet ive been unsuccessful

Other than Apprenticeships (and running away and going into hiding until im 18...)

is there any way I can escape from dreaded Sixth form?

Thanks!
Reply 1
get a job
Reply 2
Original post by Pariah
get a job

I have a job, but its only part time and not in school hours, at 16 are you aloud to leave sixth form for a full time job?:curious:
Original post by Hollix11
Hello!

I'm in deep crap! I've been off Sixth form for just over a month now due to a major health problem, but before I had to leave sixth form, I wasn't enjoying it all all, I hated my lessons, teachers and 70% of the people there. Since the sixth form is the same building as the High School i went to, I didn't think that would be the case, but, it is!

Anyways....

I have to have a scan on Monday, and if that shows up all clear, I am ment to be returning to sixth form on Tuesday, My problem is, right back in mid September when the health problems occurred, i was sent a Butt-ton of work, and I haven't done a word of it, what now puts me in the awkward position, when i go back and ive done nothing, i will be a full 7 Weeks behind everyone else. and 7 weeks of no work, personally, I don't think it would be worth-while going back, I've been looking and applying to apprenticeships in my local area, but as of yet ive been unsuccessful

Other than Apprenticeships (and running away and going into hiding until im 18...)

is there any way I can escape from dreaded Sixth form?

Thanks!

What subjects do you do? Depending on that, there may be a possibility of damage control.
Reply 4
I have a job, but its only part time and not in school hours, at 16 are you aloud to leave sixth form for a full time job?:curious:

no

No you have to be in some sort of education. They changed it as you could leave school at 16 and do whatever you wanted before :colonhash:
Reply 6
Who thought that was a good idea? like I get it stops people from sitting around doing nothing, but i think its stupid that you cant just go into a job?

Quick Reply

Latest