The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

FdSc Oral Health Science- Essex Uni 2016 entry

Hi has anybody else on here applied to Essex for this course? Sent my application 14th September and only had a confirmation email. Has anybody heard back of know when we will? Im a dental nurse with 6 years experience dental nursing and practice management,NVQ L3 in dental nursing and A-levels in sociology and Health and social care as well as required GCSE grades.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by jea91
Hi has anybody else on here applied to Essex for this course? Sent my application 14th September and only had a confirmation email. Has anybody heard back of know when we will? Im a dental nurse with 6 years experience dental nursing and practice management,NVQ L3 in dental nursing and A-levels in sociology and Health and social care as well as required GCSE grades.

I know a few nurses that have applied (at different times) and none of us have heard back yet no rejections, interviews or offers and have been rumors that they are waiting till janurary deadline :frown:
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Original post by jea91

Hi!

I'm thinking of applying to Essex for the FdSc as it gives the rest of my choices - which include 3 BSc degrees and 1 DipHe - a good mix for success! (Hopefully).

I'm currently doing A levels in Biology, Sociology and Psychology but have other A levels in English lit & English language, plus Politics.

Good luck, and let me know if you hear back. :smile:
Reply 3
Hi
Has anyone heard back yet??
Original post by amib19
Hi
Has anyone heard back yet??

I just got a confirmation email the other day. Sent my ucas off last week though.
All my unis are taking ages to respond... I'm getting so impatient! :colone:
Reply 5
Original post by DovahkiinChi
I just got a confirmation email the other day. Sent my ucas off last week though.
All my unis are taking ages to respond... I'm getting so impatient! :colone:

Sent mine in the 30th Oct and also received confirmation email only uurgghh long lol where else have you applied?
Original post by amib19
Sent mine in the 30th Oct and also received confirmation email only uurgghh long lol where else have you applied?

It's even worse when loads of your friends have already got several offers... :frown: lol
I ended up applying to Essex, Teesside, Cardiff, Portsmouth and Queen Mary London.
How about you? :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by amib19

I had an email Friday asking for my reference to send it on headed paper by 18th of December latest... Maybe that's the day they are sending out interview offers??
Original post by jea91
I had an email Friday asking for my reference to send it on headed paper by 18th of December latest... Maybe that's the day they are sending out interview offers??

Not sure how that would work though as the Ucas deadline is in January.
Reply 9
Hi!

I'm thinking of applying to Essex for the FdSc as it gives the rest of my choices - which include 3 BSc degrees and 1 DipHe - a good mix for success! (Hopefully).

I'm currently doing A levels in Biology, Sociology and Psychology but have other A levels in English lit & English language, plus Politics.

Good luck, and let me know if you hear back. :smile:

Thanks good luck to you too! Do you have any experience working in a dental practice? might help x
Reply 10
Not sure how that would work though as the Ucas deadline is in January.

They email you directly not through UCAS x
Reply 11
Original post by jea91

Oh thats interesting did your reference not send it via ucas? If it was a dentist maybe they want proof its come from them ? I know they start interviewing in Jan so that would make sense! Fingers crossed we hear soon :smile: and did they email you directly or through ucas?
Reply 12
It's even worse when loads of your friends have already got several offers... :frown: lol
I ended up applying to Essex, Teesside, Cardiff, Portsmouth and Queen Mary London.
How about you? :smile:

Excellent! At the moment just Essex but will apply to kings also when application opens if no luck with essex, I'm a dental nurse and have a daughter and husband so no option to go any futher out unfortunately :/
Original post by jea91
Thanks good luck to you too! Do you have any experience working in a dental practice? might help x

Thanks!
Yes, I've had 2 weeks experience in a practice where I shadowed dentists and helped with filing and reception. Currently, I've had ongoing periods shadowing the hygienist-therapist plus implantologist at a different practice.
I also took part in a FutureLearn discover dentistry online MOOC which was awesome!
Hoping to get a day to shadow in my local NHS hospital too. :biggrin:
Original post by amib19
Excellent! At the moment just Essex but will apply to kings also when application opens if no luck with essex, I'm a dental nurse and have a daughter and husband so no option to go any futher out unfortunately :/

Amazing, props to you.
If I don't get in this year (my 1st year of applying) I am thinking of taking up a dental nurse apprenticeship, then apply the following year. Hoping I won't have to do that though! :redface:
Reply 15
Amazing, props to you.
If I don't get in this year (my 1st year of applying) I am thinking of taking up a dental nurse apprenticeship, then apply the following year. Hoping I won't have to do that though! :redface:

Be great once interviews start coming out! My first time applying also fingers crossed first time lucky for us both :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by amib19
Oh thats interesting did your reference not send it via ucas? If it was a dentist maybe they want proof its come from them ? I know they start interviewing in Jan so that would make sense! Fingers crossed we hear soon :smile: and did they email you directly or through ucas?

They emailed me directly and when I asked before she said interview offers are emailed directly not through UCAS x
Reply 17
Original post by jea91
They emailed me directly and when I asked before she said interview offers are emailed directly not through UCAS x

Aww excellent I can stop checking ucas track like crazy then :smile: x
Original post by amib19
Be great once interviews start coming out! My first time applying also fingers crossed first time lucky for us both :smile:

Just got an interview offer today from Teesside! So chuffed! :h: Portsmouth uni have rejected me for hygiene and therapy, but are considering me for another course. They didn't specify what course...
Can't win them all I guess, but am still a happy bunny right now!
Reply 19
Just got an interview offer today from Teesside! So chuffed! :h: Portsmouth uni have rejected me for hygiene and therapy, but are considering me for another course. They didn't specify what course...
Can't win them all I guess, but am still a happy bunny right now!

Excellent news! When is it?

Quick Reply

Latest