The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Unconditional

Hey guys just got a letter in the post saying I have now got a conditional and I was wandering is it best to live in the halls the first year and what is the most popular hall? If it helps I am studying accounting and finance so will be in the hugh Aston building.

Also which halls is the best? Since those who have unconditional a can apply first I really want a good accommodation otherwise I fear I just wouldn't cope. I'd prefer a sing room with bathroom in the room.

Any help will be incredibly appreciated :smile: also anyone else applying and want to make a group chat together?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Did anyone reply to you?
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
Original post by alexp98
Hey guys just got a letter in the post saying I have now got a conditional and I was wandering is it best to live in the halls the first year and what is the most popular hall? If it helps I am studying accounting and finance so will be in the hugh Aston building.

Also which halls is the best? Since those who have unconditional a can apply first I really want a good accommodation otherwise I fear I just wouldn't cope. I'd prefer a sing room with bathroom in the room.

Any help will be incredibly appreciated :smile: also anyone else applying and want to make a group chat together?

Did the letter say they have given you a conditional, but if you make them your firm you have an unconditional offer?
Reply 3
Original post by ElizabethAde
Did the letter say they have given you a conditional, but if you make them your firm you have an unconditional offer?

yep
Original post by alexp98
yep

Well done! Same here....are you going to make them your firm?
Reply 5
Well done! Same here....are you going to make them your firm?

Yeah :smile: Which course and halls you staying in??
Original post by alexp98
Yeah :smile: Which course and halls you staying in??

Accounting and Business Managment .....not sure yet maybe Filbert or CODE
Accounting and Business Managment .....not sure yet maybe Filbert or CODE

Hey I have firmed a offer studying Business Managment as well :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by highflyingcloud
Hey I have firmed a offer studying Business Managment as well :smile:

Wow, great, we'll be in the same building then! We should create a whatsapp group or something. Which halls you thinking of staying in? Also, how long was it until dmu changed your conditional to unconditional on track after your firmed it/
I firmed it a few days ago...they haven't changed mine yet :frown:
Original post by alexp98
Wow, great, we'll be in the same building then! We should create a whatsapp group or something. Which halls you thinking of staying in? Also, how long was it until dmu changed your conditional to unconditional on track after your firmed it/

I applied twice at De Montfort to study Intergrated Masters Business Managment and Business Managment, they gave me the chance to change Business Managment to a unconditional however I chose the one with the masters which is a bit higher ucas points so they could not offer me a unconditional offer. Hope that makes sense
Reply 11
Original post by highflyingcloud
I applied twice at De Montfort to study Intergrated Masters Business Managment and Business Managment, they gave me the chance to change Business Managment to a unconditional however I chose the one with the masters which is a bit higher ucas points so they could not offer me a unconditional offer. Hope that makes sense

Ahh yeah it does, surely you should have firmed the normal one though as you can do a masters after this if your successful in the first 3 years? Also, which halls are you thinking of staying in?
Original post by alexp98
Ahh yeah it does, surely you should have firmed the normal one though as you can do a masters after this if your successful in the first 3 years? Also, which halls are you thinking of staying in?

I have firmed the one with Masters as I dont need to worry about my ucas points as I am acheiving distinctions in my BTEC course and its between Bede Hall and Victoria Hall depending if I can get a guarantor or not
Original post by alexp98

Have they changed it to unconditional for anyone on Ucas track?
Reply 14
Have they changed it to unconditional for anyone on Ucas track?

I'm hoping they will during the next week, I firmed Friday evening and I presume there's no progress during weekend :smile:
Original post by alexp98
I'm hoping they will during the next week, I firmed Friday evening and I presume there's no progress during weekend :smile:

Same here! :smile:
Reply 16

When can we book the accommodation then?
Original post by alexp98
When can we book the accommodation then?

I think march for unconditional offer holders
Anyone studying anything law related ?
Reply 19

Mine updated to unconditional :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending