The Student Room Group

Unconditional vs Conditional offers

This is my first time applying so I'm a little confused, I'm assuming unconditional offers means that you're given a spot and nothing else matters.

However conditional offers means that your entry will depend on whether you achieve those grades in the end.

If so, does it mean that if we have yet to sit our final exams we will only be able to get conditional offers, and never unconditional offers?
Original post by ImmortalSnail20
This is my first time applying so I'm a little confused, I'm assuming unconditional offers means that you're given a spot and nothing else matters.

However conditional offers means that your entry will depend on whether you achieve those grades in the end.

If so, does it mean that if we have yet to sit our final exams we will only be able to get conditional offers, and never unconditional offers?

That's pretty much it, yes.
Original post by ImmortalSnail20

Today almost all universities only make conditional offers which you are required to meet on results day. It is probable although not certain that a university will accept you if you ae slightly below grades. Unconditional offers are made to students who already have their grades.

About 10 years ago Birmingham started making unconditional offers if you firmed their university and many other others followed. However this practice has since been outlawed and hardly anybody is making these offers today
Thanks for the info ☺️
Original post by DataVenia

That's pretty much it, yes.

Thanks for the reply 🙂
Original post by swanseajack1
Today almost all universities only make conditional offers which you are required to meet on results day. It is probable although not certain that a university will accept you if you ae slightly below grades. Unconditional offers are made to students who already have their grades.

About 10 years ago Birmingham started making unconditional offers if you firmed their university and many other others followed. However this practice has since been outlawed and hardly anybody is making these offers today
That’s useful info, thanks. If I have received an unconditional offer when I was expecting a conditional one, what does that imply?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending