The Student Room Group

Are these reasonable choices?

I am predicted AABB in the Welsh Bacc, Mathematics, Further mathematics, and physics respectively. I have applied to study computer science at:
Exeter (AAA-ABB)
Surrey (ABB)
Liverpool (AAB)
Swansea (ABB-BBB)
Keele (BBB)
I'm only asking because whilst I know that all of these universities accept the Welsh Bacc in place of one A-Level, I feel that universities would rather me get ABB in actual A-Level subjects over an AB and an A in Welsh Bacc.
I also achieved an E in AS Chemistry, so I am worried that this will put me in a negative light.
Thanks
Moved to CS, where you're more likely to get an answer :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Mister Triaa
I am predicted AABB in the Welsh Bacc, Mathematics, Further mathematics, and physics respectively. I have applied to study computer science at:
Exeter (AAA-ABB)
Surrey (ABB)
Liverpool (AAB)
Swansea (ABB-BBB)
Keele (BBB)
I'm only asking because whilst I know that all of these universities accept the Welsh Bacc in place of one A-Level, I feel that universities would rather me get ABB in actual A-Level subjects over an AB and an A in Welsh Bacc.
I also achieved an E in AS Chemistry, so I am worried that this will put me in a negative light.
Thanks

Your AS grade won't put you in a bad position unless you apply to the most competitive places, I got a D at Chemistry, I pretty much only revised two weeks before hand and regret that, but no one cares. I have 5/5 offers and even have had an interview, they really don't care about your 4th AS. Most institutions really only care about 3 things; you, your predicted grades (and how acheivable they are), and your personal statement.

You have very strong grades in very strong subjects - you won't have any problem with the above universities. I personally only know Swansea and have an offer from there, so I can't really comment on the rest of the list.
I got BBDE with predicted AAC and have got 3 out of 5 offers so far
be it that two of them are quite low, I have received one from Royal Holloway (ABB), so I probably wouldn't worry about the E too much, especially as you have your maths and physics which is highly preferred.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending