The Student Room Group

Adult Nursing Interview

Hey!
I've recently just applied to universities for September 2016 entry for Adult Nursing. I have just received my first interview date for Leeds Beckett and just wondered whether you'd be able to give me any sort of advice to what I should be expecting and whether there are any more specific things that I need to research or look in too before?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hiya, a good idea is to look into the current issues in nursing (nursing journals are good for current issues), try to think about times where you have work well as a team, your strengths and weaknesses etc how you can relate the experiences you have to the course. For example i worked in customer services in retail so i spoke about how i was very familiar with talking to the public and how this could be transferred to nursing.

When i went for interviews a while back they generally asked scenario based questions to see how you would respond to particular issues. some unis do group interviews where you discuss a scenario as a group and all have to take in what other people are saying but also get your own point across without being pushy.

Good Luck !!
Reply 2
Thank you so much Samantha that is a big help I spoke to one of my tutors today and they're going to set me up a mock interview for me which I think will be good.
Do you know anything about admissions tests? I've been told that some unis do them others don't but I've received no further information about them or anything that would could up on them? Thank you again

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gemma Law
Thank you so much Samantha that is a big help I spoke to one of my tutors today and they're going to set me up a mock interview for me which I think will be good.
Do you know anything about admissions tests? I've been told that some unis do them others don't but I've received no further information about them or anything that would could up on them? Thank you again

Posted from TSR Mobile

Some unis have math and English tests, i don't know if they have tests related to the course, i know when i went for my interview that i had to write a piece of writing about 500 words telling them why i wanted to be a nursing and what was my inspiration etc etc, it may be worth trying to find someone that has been to the unis that you have interviews for so that may be able to tell you a bit more about that uni's process. Or maybe even speak to the admissions tutor for that department to see if they have an advice for their uni :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending