How long till my antibiotics work??

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Aaaab17
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I wear pretty sharp false nails and one day last week I accidentally scratched the skin of of my vagina, just under the clit and above the hole, so it got infected and I went to see the doctor who gave me antibiotics (flucloxicillin 500mg caps) this was last Thursday and I have been taking the antibiotics since, 3 days later I feel just as bad and it doesn't even look like it's working or feel like it's working either, how long till i start to see/feel effects, it is agony to touch and to urinate and to even sit down and not to mention it's so itchy, I just want it away, should I go back to the gp? Or will my antibiotics eventually kick in?
SophieSmall
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Definitely keep taking the antibiotics, as stopping a course of antibiotics before the time is due leads to antibiotics resistance.
However if you've noticed no change then yes I recommend going back to your GP, it could be that the antibiotics you are on are ineffective to the bacteria you are infected with.
study_smart786
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
I agree. Finish typed course of antibiotics. And if it doesn't work then go back to you gp. Wear cotton underwear to keep it airy and avoid tight clothing
moonkatt
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by study_smart786)
I agree. Finish typed course of antibiotics. And if it doesn't work then go back to you gp. Wear cotton underwear to keep it airy and avoid tight clothing
The OP started their course of antibiotics three years ago. I imagine they’ve finished them by now.
helicopterparent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
If no improvement after 48 hours, see your gp. It may be they will need to give you metronidazole which may be more effective in the genital area, due to the bugs that linger there!
If you are feverish, or there is a smell, go now
helicopterparent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by warbis66)
If no improvement after 48 hours, see your gp. It may be they will need to give you metronidazole which may be more effective in the genital area, due to the bugs that linger there!
If you are feverish, or there is a smell, go now
OOps, how did that appear on here then!
Angela1001
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by LBotLa)
antibiotics cause autism
Where is your peer reviewed proof???
artuo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Aaaab17)
I wear pretty sharp false nails and one day last week I accidentally scratched the skin of of my vagina, just under the clit and above the hole, so it got infected and I went to see the doctor who gave me antibiotics (flucloxicillin 500mg caps) this was last Thursday and I have been taking the antibiotics since, 3 days later I feel just as bad and it doesn't even look like it's working or feel like it's working either, how long till i start to see/feel effects, it is agony to touch and to urinate and to even sit down and not to mention it's so itchy, I just want it away, should I go back to the gp? Or will my antibiotics eventually kick in?
within a few days if you take the as prescribed if no improvement after 7 days go back to your doctor
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (51)
19.54%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (58)
22.22%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (50)
19.16%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (55)
21.07%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (23)
8.81%
I haven't started researching yet (24)
9.2%

Watched Threads