The Student Room Group

Getting phone calls from +8381. Anyone know what this number is?

I've searched all over Google to try and find an answer for this and had no luck so I thought I'd try asking here just in case anyone knows. I've been called 4 times by a number showing up only as +8381 in the last 2 days and have no idea who it is. I haven't answered in case it was some automated dialler or a telemarketing thing but after 4 calls I'm wondering if it might actually be important.

Every time they call they hang up a good ring or two before it hits the answerphone, haven't left any kind of message, or tried to email me (as far as I know everyone with my phone number also has my email). If anyone has any ideas/ explanations it would be super appreciated!
No idea. But with a number like that, suggests it's foreign.
Reply 2
Reply 3
Original post by OU Student
No idea. But with a number like that, suggests it's foreign.

Yeah I looked at international call codes but they seem to all be 3 digits. I couldn't see one for +8381 although 381 was Serbia. Not a clue who from Serbia would have reason to contact me though :iiam:
Reply 4

Is that not a list of mobile number formats for India? It says the country code is +91.
Reply 5
Original post by Battenberg
Is that not a list of mobile number formats for India? It says the country code is +91.

no the second site said it was from India
the first one was all I could find on 8381 but then i found the second one
Reply 6
Original post by z33
no the second site said it was from India
the first one was all I could find on 8381 but then i found the second one

I think that's for finding numbers that begin with those digits though? It doesn't explain why only those 4 digits and a + are showing up on my phone.

Appreciate the help by the way, this has been getting on my nerves trying to figure out who's calling or if I should actually answer.
Reply 7
I think that's for finding numbers that begin with those digits though? It doesn't explain why only those 4 digits and a + are showing up on my phone.

Appreciate the help by the way, this has been getting on my nerves trying to figure out who's calling or if I should actually answer.

hmmm yeah i couldn't find anything on the plus :/
np and DONT answer it !!
well i mean unless you want to but i don't recommend answering private numbers let alone foreign ones o_O
are you expecting a call from someone abroad?
how many times has this person called and how often?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_country_calling_codes
i found +83
it says Russia :/
but then further down it says "unassigned (Reserved for country code expansion)"
Reply 8
Original post by z33
hmmm yeah i couldn't find anything on the plus :/
np and DONT answer it !!
well i mean unless you want to but i don't recommend answering private numbers let alone foreign ones o_O
are you expecting a call from someone abroad?
how many times has this person called and how often?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_country_calling_codes
i found +83
it says Russia :/
but then further down it says "unassigned (Reserved for country code expansion)"

They've called 4 times so far once in the morning and once in the afternoon/ evening both today and yesterday. I'm not expecting a call from anyone abroad at all although I've been applying for jobs recently and I'm half expecting a call from TalkTalk over an issue that needs resolving.
Reply 9
They've called 4 times so far once in the morning and once in the afternoon/ evening both today and yesterday. I'm not expecting a call from anyone abroad at all although I've been applying for jobs recently and I'm half expecting a call from TalkTalk over an issue that needs resolving.

applying for jobs abroad?
talktalk are British lol and have an 0870 number for customer service :/
that's weird
who do you have your contract/ sim card with? maybe call them and ask them to investigate/ tell them to block the number?
Original post by z33
applying for jobs abroad?
talktalk are British lol and have an 0870 number for customer service :/
that's weird
who do you have your contract/ sim card with? maybe call them and ask them to investigate/ tell them to block the number?

Nope all in the UK. I'm with Orange, yeah I might have to contact them if the calls keep up without the caller leaving any kind of message.
Reply 11
Nope all in the UK. I'm with Orange, yeah I might have to contact them if the calls keep up without the caller leaving any kind of message.

Yeah do that
there's nothing online so idk how you would trace them :/
Just call Orange if the call you tomorrow

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending