The Student Room Group

Retraining in Electrical/Electronic Engineering

Hi All,

I'm a mature (35yo) student, looking to retrain in Electrical/Electronic Engineering

My current vocational background is relevant, in that I am qualified and experienced in automotive engineering and have level 2 and 3 NVQs.

I have enquired about - and been accepted onto - a HNC in EEE, but may have to do a bridging module in maths as I don't have A-level.

I'm just wondering, do you think it would be wise to do a Level 3 qualification in EEE first, as the course contains the level 3 maths/physics anyway, and would that better prepare me - or should I jump straight into the HNC? Maths isn't my strongest subject, but the difference between doing the L3 and not is around £1500 so.....

I have other qualifications up to Level 5, and I'm also a qualified lecturer and assessor so wouldn't struggle with academic writing etc - I just really fancy studying EEE as it would benefit me in other areas of my life, as well as opening doors in what appears to be a rapidly expanding job market...

Thanks
you could read alevel maths and pyhsics books to catch up

there are websites such as exam solutions

and tsr maths forum people will help you
Reply 2
Original post by howfen
I have enquired about - and been accepted onto - a HNC in EEE, but may have to do a bridging module in maths as I don't have A-level.
I have other qualifications up to Level 5, and I'm also a qualified lecturer and assessor so wouldn't struggle with academic writing etc - I just really fancy studying EEE as it would benefit me in other areas of my life, as well as opening doors in what appears to be a rapidly expanding job market...

Thanks

Original post by bigmansouf
you could read alevel maths and pyhsics books to catch up

there are websites such as exam solutions

and tsr maths forum people will help you

Yep - many people self-teach A-level maths. And the resources (the maths forum threads) on TSR are excellent. Then apply straight to the EEE degree.

Quick Reply

Latest