The Student Room Group

worry about ucas and glasgow

about a month i clicked for glasgow uni to be my firm choice and declined the rest of my offers (i had 5 unconditionals). i got the letter 2-3days later saying to send the letter back if you wanted to refuse the offer within 14 days; i didnt send it back, but since then i have had no reply from both ucas and Glagow uni. Is it a panic over nothing of should i get in contact with either glasgow uni or ucas??:s-smilie: thanks x
well i had the same thing with Aberdeen Uni, didn't send it back or anything. That was your confirmation letter so you probs wont hear any more from ucas but the uni will contact you in around a month i think to send you accomodation forms
Reply 2
thanks for your help, its more annoying. all this waiting around.
yeah i know how you feel. at least you're definitely in now though, can just sit back and relax
Reply 4
sit back and relax?! im working full time, left school a year early (missing out sixth year) so this is classed as a gap year i guess. working up the pennys. good luck to everyone though who has conditionals and this years exams count. i guess im a lucky one. :rolleyes:
oh right, i'm guessing you're moving away from home then? wow, at least you did something constructive with your gap year i guess, what do you work as?
Reply 6
i work in a pub/bar/restaurant/hotel. i do abit of everything really. meet loads of people, i enjoy it but the hours suck, my weekend is mid week and i never have a saturday and sunday to myself. keeps me fit, well saves on a gym membership. what do you do?
can you not just ask for a change in hours? cause if you're on a gap year you surely wont be limited to working certain times. is that all at the same place you work or are you holding down 4 different jobs?
i'm still doing 6th year at school, or rather i turn up every day and don't do a whole lot. got a weekend job in a pet shop and gonna try and get some more work during the summer or else i'm gonna be skint at uni.
Reply 8
its all one job but there loads of stuff involved. im not tied to hours but i have to work most weekends because there really busy mostly. BUT im off this weekend so im going to watch the rugby sevens!!

Latest