The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Universities can't verify my A-level results

I applied through clearing in the University of Glasgow, but for some reason, they couldn't verify my results through UCAS. So they asked me to send them an official certificate of my results.

It's only been a week since results came out so naturally I don't have an official certificate yet, so I sent them my provisional results which I got from my college, but they rejected my offer saying they won't accept provisional results.

I told them about this situation but they said they couldn't help.
What can I do now, can I not apply this year?
Original post by Areb
I applied through clearing in the University of Glasgow, but for some reason, they couldn't verify my results through UCAS. So they asked me to send them an official certificate of my results.

It's only been a week since results came out so naturally I don't have an official certificate yet, so I sent them my provisional results which I got from my college, but they rejected my offer saying they won't accept provisional results.

I told them about this situation but they said they couldn't help.
What can I do now, can I not apply this year?

Did you ask Glasgow why they couldn't verify your results through UCAS? Is there anything unusual or non-standard about your A levels which might have caused an issue?

Have you contacted UCAS to confirm that they have received your A level results from the exam boards and have passed them into Glasgow?
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Areb

It's only been a week since results came out so naturally I don't have an official certificate yet,

Clearly someone at Glasgow is being VERY dim about this.

Call the admissions office and ask to speak to 'someone senior' - and if you still dont get any sensible solution, call UCAS.
Reply 3
Original post by DataVenia
Did you ask Glasgow why they couldn't verify your results through UCAS? Is there anything unusual or non-standard about your A levels which might have caused an issue?

Have you contacted UCAS to confirm that they have received your A level results from the exam boards and have passed them into Glasgow?

I have emailed Glasgow asking this question. Awaiting a response now.
I have also messaged ucas. They said they will look into it so now I'm waiting.
Original post by Areb

I would recommend calling instead of emailing as you're more likely to get a quicker response by phone.
Original post by Areb

I agree with @Sorcerer of Old, calling is always best. Even if you have to wait in a phone queue for a couple of hours just to have a 5-minute conversation, that's better than having to wait days for an e-mail response.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending