The Student Room Group

Went onto silk road by mistake...

So I saw some article about some drug students are taking to increase their performance, so I googled the name with a few more keywords out of curiosity. After clicking a few regular links, mostly to more news websites, I clicked one which led me to silk road! What the hell... could have sworn you need some special software or some **** to see this?

Obviously don't plan on buying anything. Amazed it was listed on google.

Jokes aside, I won't be logged on some government database, or even worse, hacked by some guy from the site or anything right? :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by TheGuyReturns
So I saw some article about some drug students are taking to increase their performance, so I googled the name with a few more keywords out of curiosity. After clicking a few regular links, mostly to more news websites, I clicked one which led me to silk road! What the hell... could have sworn you need some special software or some **** to see this?

Jokes aside, I won't be logged on some government database, or even worse, hacked by some guy from the site or anything right? :frown:

Reported.
what the hell is silk road?

You shouldn't have been able to get onto the real Silk Road because

a) You need TOR
b) Both the first and second one have been shut down

Don't worry; I've been on it loads; its only if you buy something illegal you would get the feds on your door.
Reply 4
You could just ask GCHQ, MI5, NSA, FBI, CIA, Pentagon etc.
I should add I could only access that one page, if I tried to click on any link on said page, I'd just get an error.

Well that's a relief! I won't be hacked by some shady guy though right? Not like I was using a proxy. :frown:
Original post by Mayhem™
what the hell is silk road?

It's a black market online website that sells drugs, guns etc. You need a special browser to access it because it's in the deep web
oh right, I'd rather get drugs in person
I should add I could only access that one page, if I tried to click on any link on said page, I'd just get an error.

Well that's a relief! I won't be hacked by some shady guy though right? Not like I was using a proxy. :frown:

That's weird; I'm sure you would need Tor or a Proxy to even access that :/

Could you post a link to what you clicked on? Was it an onion link?

If they didn't allow you to see the page and you just got an error message you should be safe.
Original post by Mayhem™
oh right, I'd rather get drugs in person

There's other stuff you can buy on it that's perfectly legal but personally I wouldn't risk buying anything off it until I figured out how to transfer Bitcoin anon
Sent as a PM! Well, am I alright? :s-smilie:

I emailed back; yeah I think this is just the review site for it, not the real one
Reply 12
You cannot access it on a regular browser. Probably some knock off.

I'm gunna go click around with TOR and see if the third one's up anyway :colone:

I honestly doubt it was actual Silk Road, you'd need a tor to get on the real one because of the security they have. You can find it via normal browsers
Reply 15
you didn't access silk road. It's been shut down and you can't get to it via the regular web. Don't worry.
Reply 16
I buy all my study (and some other) drugs online and Theresa May's not come knocking on my door yet so I'm sure you'll be fine.
Original post by Flibib
I buy all my study (and some other) drugs online and Theresa May's not come knocking on my door yet so I'm sure you'll be fine.

Have you really just admitted this on a public forum? I hope you're using TOR and a VPN whilst you're typing this :facepalm:
Original post by Tai Ga
you didn't access silk road. It's been shut down and you can't get to it via the regular web. Don't worry.

The third one is apparently up now?
Look:

You can type in a .onion link in a regular browser anytime, but nothing will come up so OP you don't need to be concerned.

If you (and other people) want to go to the actual Silk Road site, you need the Tor Browser - which is free and protects you anonymity. The Silk Road is still up atm but their leadership has changed - it's also not as popular as before. Lastly, going on the site isn't illegal, but only if you start buying the sh*t there.

Hope this helps clarify the situation :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest