The Student Room Group

Ccea history a2

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wee.sammie
Ah holy ****! I didn't revise ipp / sinn fein because it came up last year so i had to do thr government of ireland essay! Theres like no content to it. Did anyone else did it? And did anyone else find the sources kind of bland? Like there wasn't religious opposition there wasn't much content

i did the government of ireland essay as well!!
as for the sources they were literally hell, i didn't even get the third source written about in 1) b) because i had to stop to think so much...
Original post by haannahbee
Aw really! I hope so, I just remember my teacher giving me an essay plan on the fall of the IPP and easter rising was literally just one point of about 20!!! I deffos still wont do great though because I only had about 3 pieces of historiography but maybe my content mark won't be just as bad now. How did you's find the sources!?

I really didn't like the sources I felt very rushed!
Am I the only one who thought it went well? I think I was so set on believing it was gonna go completely rubbish like if any of the wars came up or the treaty I would've been so ****ed but because those didn't come up I feel pretty good
Original post by staceb
Am I the only one who thought it went well? I think I was so set on believing it was gonna go completely rubbish like if any of the wars came up or the treaty I would've been so ****ed but because those didn't come up I feel pretty good

Yeah same! I thought it was gonna be the wars! But at least the essays and the sources could be bulshitted. I shouldn't have written anything if it was a harder paper. For the sources, i just said unionists were business men / landowners and nationalists farmers. And that they set up organisations like orange order / ilpu. And that the solemn league and covenant as signed and uff by george richardson. That is literally the only info i put in the sources so i'm pretty sure i failed it.
Yeah same! I thought it was gonna be the wars! But at least the essays and the sources could be bulshitted. I shouldn't have written anything if it was a harder paper. For the sources, i just said unionists were business men / landowners and nationalists farmers. And that they set up organisations like orange order / ilpu. And that the solemn league and covenant as signed and uff by george richardson. That is literally the only info i put in the sources so i'm pretty sure i failed it.

I just kinda went through DAMMACTO and then for 1b talked about the Ulster covenant showing non forceful ways but agreed that the sources supported the view that force was most significant. I hope i did well!! It definitely could have went worse like. Just glad it's over tbh
Well THAT was absolutely terrible. The sources were the best part of it and even they were very limited in scope everything I wrote felt very vague as there was really little to relate back to when going over each source without repeating yourself! Then the dreaded, dreaded essays almost broke me down. CCEA must be absolutely obsessed with the poor IPP and rise of Sinn fein as they can't stop putting it on this time expanding it back to 1914! - (Yet by comparison there was so little to detail a full essay on the Gov of Ireland Act!!) I honestly blanked and missed out key gaps it's such a shame as I was on track to get an A* now i'll be lucky scraping an A :angry:
Original post by Starstriker
Well THAT was absolutely terrible. The sources were the best part of it and even they were very limited in scope everything I wrote felt very vague as there was really little to relate back to when going over each source without repeating yourself! Then the dreaded, dreaded essays almost broke me down. CCEA must be absolutely obsessed with the poor IPP and rise of Sinn fein as they can't stop putting it on this time expanding it back to 1914! - (Yet by comparison there was so little to detail a full essay on the Gov of Ireland Act!!) I honestly blanked and missed out key gaps it's such a shame as I was on track to get an A* now i'll be lucky scraping an A :angry:

Did putting it back to 1914 make a big difference?? Was it always 1916-18?
Did putting it back to 1914 make a big difference?? Was it always 1916-18?

I think all you could mention was about home rule maybe causing their decline cuz it included 1914 but I would've included that anyway if it was 1916-1918?
Do you think the grade boundaries will be low?
Do you think the grade boundaries will be low?

100% I've only seen about 2 people say they actually liked the exam, Twitter has been hilarious tonight with everyone's anger!!
GUYS COUld anyone help me ?? Ive been leftwith no information on the anglo-irish treaty.. how would you answer how far did they achieve their objectives?
Original post by clairemcvicker24
Hi! I was just wondering if there is anyone else that is currently doing their A2 History modules through CCEA? If so what modules are you taking?
For A2 paper 1 I'm doing Clash of Ideologies and paper 2 the partition of Ireland 1900-25.
If anyone could share any tips especially for learning interpretations I'd be very grateful as at this stage it's looking like I'm definitely failing in May!

I'm doing the same two options as you but sitting it this June instead eek
Original post by writerield
I'm doing the same two options as you but sitting it this June instead eek

I'm doing partition this year as well, but nationalism for A21. What do you think will come up? My teacher predicted the treaty for the sources, home rule will obvs be one of the essays and maybe the rising?
Original post by roseyfle
I'm doing partition this year as well, but nationalism for A21. What do you think will come up? My teacher predicted the treaty for the sources, home rule will obvs be one of the essays and maybe the rising?

Yeah, Anglo-Irish Treaty sources, Easter Rising and Home Rule predicted here too!
can anyone help me with AI Treaty?? been left with no info at all!!
Original post by writerield
Yeah, Anglo-Irish Treaty sources, Easter Rising and Home Rule predicted here too!

If CCEA don't put them up I'll go mad, they're screaming to come up
Original post by Rachypoox
can anyone help me with AI Treaty?? been left with no info at all!!

I can send you notes if you want 🙂
Original post by roseyfle
I can send you notes if you want 🙂

that would be amazing thank you so much
Original post by Airmed
I did Nationalism in Ireland 1800-1900 and Partition in Ireland 1900-1925 last year so if you need any help, just @ me or drop me a PM. :h:

Hi, do you have any sample essays?

Thanks!
Original post by sarahmcc1993
Hi, do you have any sample essays?

Thanks!

Afraid not :frown: I did my A Levels 5 years ago now and all of my work was handwritten.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending