The Student Room Group

AS LEVEL MOCKS... 2 days.

so I currently take.
BIO - OCR
CHEM- AQA
MATHS- Edexcel
COMPUTER SCIENCE - OCR

MY first mock is on monday... and I have not started revising yet.. and i do not know how to revise.. what dooo i dooo?????
At this late stage it doesn't really matter what you do since anything you do will have a positive impact on the outcome but there isn't time for anything you do to make a massive difference.

For maths I'd recommend trying a past paper, uncovering your strengths and weaknesses, work on areas of weakness and then try another paper. Examsolutions.net is a very useful resource with worked solutions to most past Edexcel exam papers. You only have time to do a few but can do many more to prepare for the real exams if this approach works for you.

For most other subjects people tend to make consolidated notes from anything they have done in class, supplemented by extra detail from their text book or internet resources. Then use their notes to answer past exam questions to develop good exam technique and to expand their notes if required. Actively producing your own notes is far more powerful than copying someone else's. When you have good notes you can focus on techniques to memorise them such as flash cards, mind maps, repetition etc. At this late stage you might want to pick out major topics that are highly likely to come up and experiment with revision techniques.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest