The Student Room Group

Friends with benefits

So I've been seeing this guy for about three months and I'm really starting to like him. It's like a friends with benefits kind of situation but like obviously I feel like I like him more than he likes me. It's kind of long distance as he usually travels down to see me (about 2 hours). But he's always giving me mixed messages, so im not sure if he likes me but hes just scared or whatever? This guy has never been serious with anyone before in the sense of relationship or even seeing anyone. Am I just going to get hurt if I continue with this? Guys are so confusing😔
you need to make the first move, the guy is probably scared to go to the next level and initiate physical contact
Its very possible that he isn't looking for a relationship, especially after 3 months I would have thought that he would have made some attempt to move things forward.

If you're not happy with things staying as they are, its probably worth talking to him about it.
Original post by neal95
you need to make the first move, the guy is probably scared to go to the next level and initiate physical contact

Did you read the post? They're friends with benefits, so its fair to assume that there has already been physical contact.
Reply 4
I swear 80% of the TSR threads under the Relationships sub-forum are girls falling in love with the boy they have been sucking. :sigh:
There's always the risk of one party wanting to take things further while the other has no interest in doing so (I've been the latter). Best bet for you is to ask him if he thinks the relationship will progress any further, if he says no then you have to consider whether or not you'd be happy to keep up the arrangement or whether it'd be too hard.
We are literally in the same position, from the distance to the non relationships etc, weird. To be honest, I've definitely caught the feels and while he seems to show that he too has some kind of feelings, he's being really mixed with me recently. To the point where he isn't making any effort whatsoever... It's hard. Like its easy for me to say to you that really, you need to talk about it and see where it's going, but actually doing it is a different matter. I would recommend speaking about it though, because it'll only lead to confusion and getting worked up/upset in the long run. The sooner you talk about it, the better it'll be for the both of you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending