The Student Room Group

'Paintball sniper' required: pays £150 per hour

Anyone fancy themselves as a bit of a sniper pro on Call of Duty? This one-off job sounds ideal... :smile:

One lucky member of the public will secure a £150 per hour job as a ‘hidden paintball sniper’ a key and painful obstacle in the world’s first ‘mud run’ to be run exclusively at night.

The successful applicant will also be given pre-event sniper training by ex-SAS marksmen, in readiness for the race on 16 April 2016 at Deene Park, Northamptonshire.

Hopeful candidates can apply for the role here, explaining in 100 words or less why they deserve the role: http://nightgamesraces.com/careers/.

The role a key and painful obstacle in the race will include firing glow in the dark paintballs at runners as they pass through the sniper section of the course.

The successful candidate will be in a team of five snipers and hidden within the shrubs of the forest in camouflage.

They will be provided with a state-of-the-art paintball gun with glow-in-the-dark paintballs and a pair of military night-vision goggles to aid them in their task.

The successful candidate will receive expert training in how to shoot at moving targets and the art of concealment from ex-SAS marksmen.

The sniper will be paid £150 an hour, with travel expenses covered as well. The successful applicant will also be further incentivised should they manage to successfully shoot more than 80% of the racers, unlocking a £1,000 ‘Supersniper’ achievement bonus.

Hidden paintball snipers are just one of the many obstacles runners will encounter on the 10 mile course, with jet fuelled wind turbines, barbed wire and ice skips also between them and the finish line.

Tickets have been on sale since September 2015 and more than 1,000 runners are expected to attend.The applicants will be shortlisted by February 6th women and men over the age of 18 years old are being encouraged to apply.

Could be a nice payday; anyone going to have a go at this?
Reply 1
Dear Respondent,

My name is Oumar Rujbally and I am a university student who has dedicated his time into FPS games. Such games as Star Wars, Call of Duty and Destiny and the games I am known for to dominate. On Star Wars I have an overall average KD over 2.0 with my highest single game KD standing at 76-9. As for core sniping ability this no more apparent than through Advanced Warfare where on maps tailored for sniping I average 20+ kills with under 10 deaths. Therefore I believe you should hire me as I am confident in my abilities and will be an invaluable asset in taking down every single contestant.

Kind Regards,

Oumar Rujbally
Original post by Maasai93
Dear Respondent,

My name is Oumar Rujbally and I am a university student who has dedicated his time into FPS games. Such games as Star Wars, Call of Duty and Destiny and the games I am known for to dominate. On Star Wars I have an overall average KD over 2.0 with my highest single game KD standing at 76-9. As for core sniping ability this no more apparent than through Advanced Warfare where on maps tailored for sniping I average 20+ kills with under 10 deaths. Therefore I believe you should hire me as I am confident in my abilities and will be an invaluable asset in taking down every single contestant.

Kind Regards,

Oumar Rujbally

1v1 me
Original post by Maasai93
Dear Respondent,

Kind Regards,

Oumar Rujbally

Sounds like you definitely need to apply! This is the link: http://nightgamesraces.com/careers/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending