The Student Room Group

***Grow Your Grades 2016****

Scroll to see replies

"looks like you are having trouble viewing this page, this is most likely because the content has been removed from the site"
can't post a new thread :/
Original post by Pentaquark
"looks like you are having trouble viewing this page, this is most likely because the content has been removed from the site"

This happened to me too, hopefully it will be sorted out before the closing date :/
Original post by Pentaquark

Same :frown:

I'll just do some C2 work to kill an hour and hopefully will come back to it working!
Reply 23
Hi, I have started my GYG thread since September 2015 and have have since made a 2nd version of the thread to improve my blog. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=61659393#post61659393 I would like my thread to be moved into the GYG section but personally I do not wish to take part in the competition.

My grades:
Biology - B2 [B2]
Chemistry - B2 [B2]
Physics - C3 [B2]
Computing - C1 [B2]
English Language - C2 [B2]
English Literature - C2 [B2]
French - A3 [B2]
History - B3 [B2]
Maths - C1 [B2]
Reply 24
Ah, I suppose this might give me the motivation to actually do some work instead of spending all of my time complaining about the work I have to do. Worked when I blogged for the Summer Bucket List :redface:

I need 3 As minimum to get into a Uni that I'd really like to go to, though aspiration-wise I should aim high for A* in Biology and French, and A in History. Which might prove difficult given recent mock results.

I'll start blogging with everyone else when the competition deadline closes :woo: Good luck everyone!
I will be entering! I'm in year 12 doing all the core sciences and Maths, I think I could really use all the help in the world! Please :afraid::afraid:I really want to get AAAA and try and get a place in Cambridge! I need motivation procrastination is eating away at my brain this year
I've been waiting this for a while now, yay! :smile: I really need the motivation haha...

I'm in Year 12 and studying Maths, History, English Lit and Politics. I'd be over the moon with 3 As at the end of AS levels (I'm taking history in 2017 instead as it's a reformed A level), but my predicted grades are Bs and that's already quite ambitious :s-smilie:
Can't wait to start my blog and hopefully (fingers crossed) get some motivation to stop procrastinating and actually do some work!! GAH!

Anyway :biggrin:

My goals are to get 4As at AS-level in Maths, Further Maths, Physics and History as well as an A or A* in my EPQ which I'm hoping to have my first draft finished by the end of February half term!! QUICK!
Whilst I do all this I hope to finish Young Enterprise and then enter for the exam you can take to get extra UCAS points once we have finished our product.
And also to get 3A*s at the end of the Y13 to go on to study Mathematics at University!
Mainly my goal is to be able to revise calmly, little and often so I DON'T PANIC!
Oh look I'm off to a bad start already.....
:wink:
Imma join, currently doing AS levels
stats:
Chem C
Bio C
Maths C
Geog C
Aiming for ALL A's by the end of the year. I know I did better than the above in the mock exams but these grades are a representation of my confidence so far. I know that this will be a great way to monitor my progress and hit on weak spots such as M1 for maths and Coasts and Rivers for geography. I wont take no for an answer this year.
Goals for AS levels...

Maths
Target: A
C1 - A (90%+)
C2 - A (90%+)
M1 - A

ALPS: B
Mock: A
Predicted: A

Politics
People and Politics - A (90%+)
Governing the UK - A (90%+)

Mock: A
Predicted: A

Biology
Paper 1 - A
Paper 2 - A

Mock: D
Predicted: C

History
Germany 1918-89 - A
Italy - A

Mock: B
Predicted: B
I'm really looking forward to doing this as it is my last year of school and I have uni offers of AAB to reach!

I am in year 13 and last year I got ABBC at AS level in geography, biology, physics and chemistry respectively. I dropped chemistry and carried on with the others, as I had given up my dream to do veterinary to do zoology instead. I applied for a BSc in Zoology at Bristol, Exeter, Cardiff, Newcastle and Reading and luckily got offers from all 5 and will hopefully be going to Bristol or Exeter, my offers being mostly AAB.

I would love to get 3 As so I'm retaking one of the physics and one of the biology AS papers this year and redoing the ISAs too. Once the link to post a thread is fixed I will hopefully be setting up my blog!
This seems like an awesome idea & i'd love to get involved! I'm gonna set up a Psychology, Chemistry & Biology AQA A2 blog right away!

I got ABCD in AS Psychology, Biology, Chemistry & Physics, respectively. I chose to drop physics and pursue my other sciences in the hopes of doing Psychology at uni. This year i'm aiming for no less than an A* in Psychology, and Bs in my other two, although As would be nice!
(edited 8 years ago)
Time to get serious and start exam prep, let the emotional rollercoaster being. At least I share my pain with everyone this time :biggrin:
Aiming for A*A*A*
In :h:
Main aim is to try to beat procrastination :fight:
I think I should try this lets face I need everything I can get. Okay at the end of last year I was hoping to get B-A in most and A* in some but right now if I get B's that will be a small miracle. I took Art ,Triple Science, History, Geography, RE and Computer science (Maths and English language too ofc (did lit last year - got a B)).

Been a bit stressy so hopefully this helps.
Hi! Would I be able to enter please? I'm in my second year of A-Levels and want to go to university but I'm recovering from a breakdown, an ED and an abusive relationship and doing four subjects so I really need to work my butt off and could use so motivation and guidance!
Excited for this.How do you enter again???

Posted from TSR Mobile
I want to join :h:
Doing year 13 at the moment and need to improve my Physics from an E to a C

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending