The Student Room Group

Only a couple of months left until exams!

Hi,
I have only made notes on some topics in the syllabus and am consolidating my understanding on these topics. But I feel as though I won't make sufficient progress with notes etc, unless I start revising like a nutter.
Do you guys think I should sacrifice a significant proportion of my "free time" from this point onwards to study, given the considerable lack of time left to achieve the very top grades, high A's?
Or is there still time to comfortably coast through the remaining months?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
Depends on what subjects you're doing and how many exams you have. I don't think you need to revise like a nutter; many, if not most people commence serious revision around March.
Reply 2
Original post by Croco
Depends on what subjects you're doing and how many exams you have. I don't think you need to revise like a nutter; many, if not most people commence serious revision around March.

Sciences and I'm aiming for high A's.
Reply 3
No stop imm st il in denial ffs
Don't go overboard with revision atm.
Just keep it consistent throughout the year up till exams.
Reply 5
Original post by Milzime
No stop imm st il in denial ffs

Revise!
Reply 6
Original post by harmony_x
Don't go overboard with revision atm.
Just keep it consistent throughout the year up till exams.

Ideally, when should all of one's notes be completed by?
Original post by RoughER
Ideally, when should all of one's notes be completed by?

Depends on the individual completely.
If I had to I'd say ideally end of fed/start of march and then start past papers from then onwards.
Reply 8
Original post by RoughER
Revise!

Reply 9
Original post by RoughER
Sciences and I'm aiming for high A's.

You'll be fine. As I said, most people start revising around March-April. It's definitely possible to get high A's without starting revision as early as late January. For now, just concentrate in class and keep-up with the homework.
Reply 10
Original post by RoughER
Hi,
I have only made notes on some topics in the syllabus and am consolidating my understanding on these topics. But I feel as though I won't make sufficient progress with notes etc, unless I start revising like a nutter.
Do you guys think I should sacrifice a significant proportion of my "free time" from this point onwards to study, given the considerable lack of time left to achieve the very top grades, high A's?
Or is there still time to comfortably coast through the remaining months?

At what grade are your sciences at this moment?
got to get those 30 A*'s to match TSR standard eh
Reply 12
Original post by TeeEm
At what grade are your sciences at this moment?

Mostly low A's.
Reply 13
Original post by RoughER
Mostly low A's.

I would strongly advise you to start revising from now, at very low consistent rate, say 3 hours per week on top of your current work.
Reply 14
Original post by Croco
You'll be fine. As I said, most people start revising around March-April. It's definitely possible to get high A's without starting revision as early as late January. For now, just concentrate in class and keep-up with the homework.

I hope so. By high A's I mean over 90's btw.
Reply 15
Original post by TeeEm
I would strongly advise you to start revising from now, at very low consistent rate, say 3 hours per week on top of your current work.

Revising from this point onwards would suffice, for high A's or would it be an unlikely feat?
(edited 8 years ago)
here it comes again ....
need to get myself a redbull crate:colonhash:
Reply 17
Original post by RoughER
Revising from this point onwards would suffice, for high A's or would it be an unlikely feat?

assuming you are at high Bs (or higher ) at the moment it should be ok

Quick Reply

Latest