The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Any future Media Production/Scriptwriting students?

Hey guys,

I got my unconditional offer to study Media Production in September 2016 and just wanted to know if anyone else is going? :smile:

A friend of mine also got his place for Scriptwriting this year too.

Thought it would be nice to hopefully meet a couple of people before starting the course.
Reply 1
I have a conditional offer for MA Scriptwriting :smile: Are you going to study at undergraduate or postgraduate level?
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 2
Original post by Lieke094
I have a conditional offer for MA Scriptwriting :smile: Are you going to study at undergraduate or postgraduate level?

We are both studying at undergraduate :smile:

Did you study at Bournemouth during your undergrad?
Reply 3
Original post by Drakos
We are both studying at undergraduate :smile:

Did you study at Bournemouth during your undergrad?

No, I am from the Netherlands and am currently finishing up my BA in 'Media and Culture' at the University of Amsterdam.

Have you been to Bournemouth? I haven't yet, but I've seen many pictures and am getting more excited for September by the day (that is if I meet my condition and do end up going, but it's like 99% sure now)
Reply 4
Original post by Lieke094
No, I am from the Netherlands and am currently finishing up my BA in 'Media and Culture' at the University of Amsterdam.

Have you been to Bournemouth? I haven't yet, but I've seen many pictures and am getting more excited for September by the day (that is if I meet my condition and do end up going, but it's like 99% sure now)

I have been to Bournemouth once and that was for the open day. I can honestly say that after extensive research on courses and other universities, Bournemouth stood out and was my firm and only choice to be quite honest.

Bournemouth as a whole is absolutely beautiful too. I was quite surprised when I first arrived. If you love the coast, you'll feel right at home. :smile:
Possibly Media Production! Undecided between two unis at the moment :s-smilie:
Original post by Drakos
Hey guys,

I got my unconditional offer to study Media Production in September 2016 and just wanted to know if anyone else is going? :smile:

A friend of mine also got his place for Scriptwriting this year too.

Thought it would be nice to hopefully meet a couple of people before starting the course.

Hi Drakos,

Have you joined facebooks undergrad 16/17 page for people considering to come to the uni yet?

I remember joining that before I came here and finding a few people on similar courses and in the same halls.

Also im a second year student at BU studying TV production. My housemate currently studies Media Production and I know a few people on the script writing course, so if you had any questions about the media school, ill be happy to answer :-)

Gemma :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by GemmaJewell2
Hi Drakos,

Have you joined facebooks undergrad 16/17 page for people considering to come to the uni yet?

I remember joining that before I came here and finding a few people on similar courses and in the same halls.

Also im a second year student at BU studying TV production. My housemate currently studies Media Production and I know a few people on the script writing course, so if you had any questions about the media school, ill be happy to answer :-)

Gemma :biggrin:

Hey Gemma,

I joined the official Bournemouth Uni Undergrads 2016 but that's all. Is there any other official pages I should be looking at?

In regards to the Media School as a whole, thankfully I attended the open day and got a lot out of it, but getting other people's opinions/thoughts of their course is always good to know. What did your friends and other students think that you know of?
Also do you have any knowledge if the timetable for Media/Scriptwriting changes every year for the first years? Or is it quite static? Just need some prep beforehand so I know how to revolve it around my social life.

Reply 8
Hi,

I've been given an unconditional offer to study media production at Bournemouth. I am interested in the course, but as its only been running for 3 years, there hasnt been any graduates or many statistics about its success or interest from students. I was wondering whether you would know anything about the course and whether I should take the place.

Thanks, Lilli
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by lbpayne
Hi,

I've been given an unconditional offer to study media production at Bournemouth. I am interested in the course, but as its only been running for 3 years, there hasnt been any graduates or many statistics about its success or interest from students. I was wondering whether you would know anything about the course and whether I should take the place.

Thanks, Lilli

Hey Lilli,

I'm Chris and I am a second year ambassador studying Marketing Communications at BU! One of the best bits about my course is that I get to study as a part of the Media School! The Media School is really cool, we have several TV studios, radio stations as well as journalism, post-production and sound production suites! As a part of your course you will have access to several high-tech pieces of equipment right from the start - BU distributes these according to the course and you will usually borrow them for a week or two. Most importantly you will be able to use this equipment from the start, although the equipment certainly gets more high-tech as you progress into your degree!

BU's media school is the only Centre of Excellence in Media Practice in the UK and you will also benefit from studying in a faculty with a great reputation with industry experts. Past students have gone on to work for films like Avatar and Gravity. This great reputation will also come in handy when you are doing your 4 or 40 week placement!

Hope this has helped - sorry it was a bit of an essay!

Thanks
Chris :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending