The Student Room Group

LSE MSc-Submitted everything yet "app. is held pending further prelim. documentation"

Hello, I applied to two programs in the department of accounting and finance more than 7 weeks ago and today the application status tracker says the following message for my second choice:

"Your application is held pending further preliminary documentation - see the section headed 'documentation' below. Please note that your file cannot be released to the Selector for your programme until all the required documentation has been processed. All documents are processed in the order in which they are received. If your documents are likely to have arrived in the last 10 working days, please be patient - they will be processed shortly, and your record below will be updated."

The tracker even says that everything has "passed check." When I called and used the phone tracker I got the standard "your application is currently under consideration by the selectors..." message. Until today I still had the standard online "Your application is currently under consideration by the department" for both programs now I still have that for my first chioce. Any idea what this change of status means? And why just for my second choice? It is puzzling because I have had everything in from the beginning.

Thanks!

PS- I literally graduated a few days ago... maybe they want a new transcript?
Reply 1
If it's showing that for your second choice, then I think a decision has been made on your first choice. You'll get to know about it, soon.

Btw, does LSE For You say "A decision has been made on this application..."?

Also, which programs did you apply for?
Reply 2
Yes, if it only says that for your second choice, then I don't think there is any need to worry. They only consider your second choice if you are not accepted into your first, from what I know. So they are likely considering your first (and it says), and you should hear soon enough. Good luck!
Reply 3
I wonder why my second choice would have changed if the decision were made about my first choice but that possibility crossed my mind too.

LSE For You says nothing about a decision having been made. The phone status said nothing different than before (both programs are "currently under consideration") and online my first choice is unchanged ("currently under consideration") but the second choice changed like I said but it said nothing about what additional things they need.

I applied for MSc in Management and Regulation of Risk as my first choice and the Diploma in Accounting and Finance for my second. Thanks for your input, I'll keep you posted!

anandbatra
If it's showing that for your second choice, then I think a decision has been made on your first choice. You'll get to know about it, soon.

Btw, does LSE For You say "A decision has been made on this application..."?

Also, which programs did you apply for?
Reply 4
Thanks! Alright so basically they are considering my first right now but that doesn't necessarily mean they admitted me or anything yet, right?

mikoman
Yes, if it only says that for your second choice, then I don't think there is any need to worry. They only consider your second choice if you are not accepted into your first, from what I know. So they are likely considering your first (and it says), and you should hear soon enough. Good luck!
It means you will know within 48 hours whether you were accepted to your first choice or not. Good luck!
Reply 6
Thanks! Wow, I guess it's not an indicator as to whether or not I'm in just that I'll be hearing soon. I'm nervous now for the first time... did the same thing (status message change) happen to you? I'll find out about my first choice soon and then what about the second since it's in the same department? Any other words of wisdom? Best of luck to you as well, I'll be in touch.

PS- Toronto is the coolest city in the world.

Phoenix Wright
It means you will know within 48 hours whether you were accepted to your first choice or not. Good luck!
It happened to me too; it changed on Monday and I was accepted on Tuesday (first choice). Suffice to say I didn't get much sleep Monday night. I woke up at 6:30AM and checked and was so relieved I just went back to sleep and slept it off. haha.

As for your second choice, I think that it will go back to the department for reconsideration in which case you'll have to wait again.

Seeing as I'm not there yet, the only real advice I have for you is, once you get accepted (just think when not if), apply for accommodation right away; the spots are already being reserved now. And apply for Grosvenor House, so we can chill. =p

And Toronto's okay, I guess. My hometown, but I prefer New York, Paris, or Berlin to it. Thanks for the compliment, though!
Oh, wait, hang on, so does it or does it not say that 'A decision has been made'? I read over your post and I'm confused. If it does, then everything I wrote applies; they tell you 24-48 hours in advance if they've made a decision. If it just says its under consideration, then it's still in the queue and being looked over.
Reply 9
Yeah that's the thing... it does not say "A decision has been reached" for my first choice. The only thing that changed was my second choice status ("application is held pending further preliminary documentation") and it did not say that before. It's quite puzzling and I read that right after they closed for the weekend so I won't be able to clarify until Monday. Also, like I said the phone status tracker said the same old "currently under consideration by the department" for both programs which contradicts what was said online... such is life, I guess.

Phoenix Wright
Oh, wait, hang on, so does it or does it not say that 'A decision has been made'? I read over your post and I'm confused. If it does, then everything I wrote applies; they tell you 24-48 hours in advance if they've made a decision. If it just says its under consideration, then it's still in the queue and being looked over.
It doesn't matter if your second choice says that; mine still says it. Your second choice's status will only change if one of two things occurs:

1. You are not accepted for your first choice
2. You are accepted for your first choice, but decline in choice of the second.

Most people generally don't do number 2. Basically, they're looking at your application now (or it's in the queue). 24-48 hours before the decision appears on LSE for You, the status will change (on your first choice) to "A decision has been reached..."
Reply 11
Your second choice still says "app. is held pending further preliminary documentation"? Because mine never said that up until now. Hmm... I understand what you were saying about the second choice status changing only in a few cases but would it be safe to say that they have not granted me a spot in my first choice program? Again... I wonder why the phone status messages say nothing different (both "still under consideration") and wouldn't they have told me that I were turned down for my first choice already? Sorry... this is so confusing for me but you're being very helpful! I just sent you a PM with my Messenger ID.

Phoenix Wright
It doesn't matter if your second choice says that; mine still says it. Your second choice's status will only change if one of two things occurs:

1. You are not accepted for your first choice
2. You are accepted for your first choice, but decline in choice of the second.

Most people generally don't do number 2. Basically, they're looking at your application now (or it's in the queue). 24-48 hours before the decision appears on LSE for You, the status will change (on your first choice) to "A decision has been reached..."
Reply 12
kstone122
Your second choice still says "app. is held pending further preliminary documentation"? Because mine never said that up until now. Hmm... I understand what you were saying about the second choice status changing only in a few cases but would it be safe to say that they have not granted me a spot in my first choice program?

I don't think you should assume that if your second choice status shows "The Application is held pending...", then you have been rejected.

When I got my offer, the second choice status showed the same thing for a day.

http://thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=360753
Reply 13
See it wouldn't have bothered me if my first choice status didn't change... now I feel like I'm truly obsessing. Did your second choice status change before or after the "a decision has been reached" message for your first choice?

anandbatra
I don't think you should assume that if your second choice status shows "The Application is held pending...", then you have been rejected.

When I got my offer, the second choice status showed the same thing for a day.

http://thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=360753
Reply 14
I called the graduate admissions office and was told that the reason for my status change for my second choice program was the fact that a decision has been made on my first choice program (and they were in the same department so it's a "standard thing"). It will appear on LSE For You within 5-10 days. I am a bit optimistic about the decision itself (she told me not to worry), but I am freaking out about the possible conditions because of my not so hot final semester grades/marks which I can no longer work to meet. Thank you all for your help and encouragement and I will keep you all posted!
Reply 15
I've heard about this on ibtalk .com. Ask them whether the decision is 'good' or 'bad'. They're not supposed to reveal the actual decision to you until it is final, but try asking them indirectly.
Reply 16
It was somewhat implied, one way or another I would be/am worried about the conditions of entry.

anandbatra
I've heard about this on ibtalk .com. Ask them whether the decision is 'good' or 'bad'. They're not supposed to reveal the actual decision to you until it is final, but try asking them indirectly.
Original post by kstone122
It was somewhat implied, one way or another I would be/am worried about the conditions of entry.

So how long did it take before it showed the results?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending