The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Buddhism and Philosophy - thats a strange combination... i thought basically everyone did christianity or ethics and phil.
Reply 21
I dunno why we do it, but quite a few schools round our way seem to do that combination... i think it's good to have quite different views to compare!
yeah i suppose from a enriched learnin point of view it would be kool... but at the end of the day would you not prefer to sit an exam on a religion you know first hand, like christianity... (im assuming ur not buddhist, otherwise ignore me)
Reply 23
Mad_Monkey59
yeah, good you had me worried there lol!!

what philosophers did u write about? i just wrote about Freud, Newman, Piaget - name dropped as much as i could and generally wrote crap for 4 pages!

*thinks*, I talked about Freud as my main Psychology guy, and then Skinner and Pavlov and Fromm on the "boo conscience" side. Aquinas, Butler and St. Paul to show the traditional view of it. Then Jung and Durkheim (eh, figured it wouldn't do much harm to talk about a sociologist) to show not all psychologists are against, and Fromm's humanitarian conscience. Um, then I randomly talked about Kierkegaard. Lol, I just bunged down anyone I could think of!
Which other question did you do?
wow i didnt know those guys were even on the syllabus!- u obviously go to a better school then me!

the other one i did was no.3 - the afterlife and motives etc... u know do people act a certain way for the wrong reasons (to get into heaven etc).

im just glad the other papers were easy...
Reply 25
Mad_Monkey59
wow i didnt know those guys were even on the syllabus!- u obviously go to a better school then me!

the other one i did was no.3 - the afterlife and motives etc... u know do people act a certain way for the wrong reasons (to get into heaven etc).

im just glad the other papers were easy...

Meep, sorry, I tend to over-evaluate exams.

Def. glad about the other papers. Made me much calmer going into this exam as well. Just glad it's all over now!
if it gets you the marks, you go girl!

Latest

Trending

Trending