Getting to Cambridge: STEP by STEP!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by kkboyk
Someday I will reach your level... someday :2euk48l:

Why would you want to move from a higher level down to mine? :lol:
Original post by Zacken
Why would you want to move from a higher level down to mine? :lol:

Haha, I've only recently got into Maths (around 6 months ago). I used to hate it with a passion before then. It still surprises me that I've managed to apply for a Maths degree :colondollar:
Reply 322
Original post by kkboyk
Haha, I've only recently got into Maths (around 6 months ago). I used to hate it with a passion before then. It still surprises me that I've managed to apply for a Maths degree :colondollar:

I used to hate it as well! I was so bitter at the fact that becoming a game developer meant I had to be good at maths. :lol: Where have you applied? :smile:
Original post by Zacken
I used to hate it as well! I was so bitter at the fact that becoming a game developer meant I had to be good at maths. :lol: Where have you applied? :smile:

Oooh you want to become a game dev?
Reply 324
Original post by Student403
Oooh you want to become a game dev?

Used to! I went from wanting to be a writer -> ethical hacker -> game dev -> physicist -> economist -> MATHS IS BAE AW YISS.

I was so into games, I wanted to make a Skyrim (legit best game evaaah) reference to that Bath_Student dude but I thought nobody would get it. :lol:
Original post by Zacken
Used to! I went from wanting to be a writer -> ethical hacker -> game dev -> physicist -> economist -> MATHS IS BAE AW YISS.

I was so into games, I wanted to make a Skyrim (legit best game evaaah) reference to that Bath_Student dude but I thought nobody would get it. :lol:

I would have got it :frown:(

But damn that's a really large set of changes :smile: What's after your degree?
Reply 326
I would have got it :frown:(

But damn that's a really large set of changes :smile: What's after your degree?

Yeah, I realised that you would have after but then it was too late. :lol: It was going to be an 'arrow to the knee' joke. :rofl:

Well, not really - it was over like 6/7 years so... :dontknow: Not sure what I'm going to do after? Might do Part III, probably won't be good/motivated/want to enough and go into finance/IB to rake the monies, might do something else entirely, got 0 clue. You?
Original post by Zacken

A Beautiful Mind is what hooked me up :colondollar:

Applied to Cardiff, Heriot-Watt, Leicester, Reading and I forgot my last choice :laugh2: I would've applied to Bristol and KCL, but its too expensive for me, and kinda hate that there's not much to choose from during 1st an 2nd year.
Original post by Zacken
No special someone? :wink:

*shrugs* exams are only going to make up a tiny bit of your maths career, all your assigments will be pretty and stuff! Plus exams aren't really a big thin in American/Canadian uni's, right? It's like ongoing assessment and stuff?

Even if she did exist, her and I are probably studying (or procrastinating) for mocks. :tongue:

My mom just walked in and told me to have a destination wedding in Mauritius out of the blue... :rofl:

Yeah, I think so. Do you have to do projects in latex in Cam? I've watched this guy named Jake's vlog on YouTube and he complains about how he has to do his homework in latex. Reminded me of you, expect for the fact that you'd probably enjoy that! :colone:
Original post by Zacken
Yeah, I realised that you would have after but then it was too late. :lol: It was going to be an 'arrow to the knee' joke. :rofl:

Well, not really - it was over like 6/7 years so... :dontknow: Not sure what I'm going to do after? Might do Part III, probably won't be good/motivated/want to enough and go into finance/IB to rake the monies, might do something else entirely, got 0 clue. You?

Oh thoose :rolleyes:

Ahh part III like Indeterminate! (that guy's a legend) - My dream job is astronaut but a much more down to Earth (soz couldn't resist :getmecoat:) aspiration would be working at NASA/Lockheed Martin/Northrop Grumman!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Zacken

:confused::K:

Would you like hack-battle North Korean hackers?
Reply 331
Original post by kkboyk
A Beautiful Mind is what hooked me up :colondollar:

Applied to Cardiff, Heriot-Watt, Leicester, Reading and I forgot my last choice :laugh2: I would've applied to Bristol and KCL, but its too expensive for me, and kinda hate that there's not much to choose from during 1st an 2nd year.

Wow, that's amazing! Cardiff is really nice, my cousin/uncle (he's so young i don't even know what he is) goes there and loves it! :biggrin:

Original post by aymanzayedmannan
Even if she did exist, her and I are probably studying (or procrastinating) for mocks. :tongue:

My mom just walked in and told me to have a destination wedding in Mauritius out of the blue... :rofl:

Yeah, I think so. Do you have to do projects in latex in Cam? I've watched this guy named Jake's vlog on YouTube and he complains about how he has to do his homework in latex. Reminded me of you, expect for the fact that you'd probably enjoy that! :colone:

Mhmm, we both know what study takes are really like when females are involved. :tongue:

Did she? That's bloody hilarious. You should totally do that! :rofl:

You have to do some coding thingy in second and third years, it's called CATAM, but there's not much LaTeX involved, sadly. :lol: Jake's vlogs are amaaaazin' :biggrin:

Oh thoose :rolleyes:

Ahh part III like Indeterminate! (that guy's a legend) - My dream job is astronaut but a much more down to Earth (soz couldn't resist :getmecoat) aspiration would be working at NASA/Lockheed Martin/Northrop Grumman!

So judgy. :lol:

He is! It's a very remote possibility though. NASA? :eek: That's totally the best thing ever. You need to hook me up with sexy space pictures if (when :wink: ) you work there! Imagine working at NASA as an astronaut! Two in one. :biggrin:
Reply 332
Original post by aymanzayedmannan
:confused::K:

Would you like hack-battle North Korean hackers?

I used to know what it entails, but afaik it's like hacking into companies that pay you to hack them so they can test their security, etc... the hack-battling stuff is more like if you work in the public sector with NSA/CIA or something like that. It was so crazy, not sure how that thought got into my head. :rofl:
Original post by Zacken
Wow, that's amazing! Cardiff is really nice, my cousin/uncle (he's so young i don't even know what he is) goes there and loves it! :biggrin:

Mhmm, we both know what study takes are really like when females are involved. :tongue:

You have to do some coding thingy in second and third years, it's called CATAM, but there's not much LaTeX involved, sadly. :lol: Jake's vlogs are amaaaazin' :biggrin:

So judgy. :lol:

He is! It's a very remote possibility though. NASA? :eek: That's totally the best thing ever. You need to hook me up with sexy space pictures if (when :wink: ) you work there! Imagine working at NASA as an astronaut! Two in one. :biggrin:

Dare to dream :dontknow: m8 if I ever get selected out of the 1000s of people who apply each cycle I'd run a marathon (and I hate running - xD)
Reply 334
Dare to dream :dontknow: m8 if I ever get selected out of the 1000s of people who apply each cycle I'd run a marathon (and I hate running - xD)

Smack on a spooder pic on your CV, wow them with your skillz and you're defo in! :yep:

Funnily enough, I've just picked up running (although I've only run like thrice in the last two weeks. :rofl: )
Original post by Zacken
Smack on a spooder pic on your CV, wow them with your skillz and you're defo in! :yep:

Funnily enough, I've just picked up running (although I've only run like thrice in the last two weeks. :rofl: )

LOL if only I could show them my 3 2015 TSR community awards :king1: :rolleyes:

Oooh how's the weather there? Here it's sooo humid so running is hard
Reply 336
LOL if only I could show them my 3 2015 TSR community awards :king1: :rolleyes:

Oooh how's the weather there? Here it's sooo humid so running is hard

You got 3? :woo: congrats! :biggrin:

It's about the same as yours, except less intense. I jump straight into the cold pool or have a cold shower after. :lol:
Original post by Zacken
You got 3? :woo: congrats! :biggrin:

It's about the same as yours, except less intense. I jump straight into the cold pool or have a cold shower after. :lol:

Thanks lol :biggrin:

You know the struggle :colonhash:
Original post by Zacken

Ahhhh, I know all too well. You should probably go out or something since you're pretty much free! Give STEP a break for one day :tongue:

I found it funny because I was replying to your comment on this thread - such a coincidence..

Ah, shucks! You still always have TSR :colone: You can continue baffling us, especially after learning fancy new undergrad techniques!
Original post by Zacken

You know the struggle :colonhash:

'dem tropical struggles

winter was nice here though, went down to about 12-13

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending