The Student Room Group

Does this count as cheating in a test?

On this question they were asking questions on how strong the bags were,
You had to put which one cannot be investigated, i put which one is the best as they are not specifying what its best at, my friend agrees with this and said its more to opinion.
2 day later we continue the test and i add more to the start question after doing a few blank ones, i add that materials have different strengths and weakness and that determining which is the best is more to personel prefererence, then in the depths of my mind i remembered kyle put an answer similar to this and i feel guilty as i think ive 'accidentally' cheated again, i wasn't thinking about this answer in the past days as ive had heaps of homework to bore me.
Ive asked my parents and thry say i haven't cheated as i didn't look at his work, but i just feel guilty but i don't know why
Original post by Goony124
On this question they were asking questions on how strong the bags were,
You had to put which one cannot be investigated, i put which one is the best as they are not specifying what its best at, my friend agrees with this and said its more to opinion.
2 day later we continue the test and i add more to the start question after doing a few blank ones, i add that materials have different strengths and weakness and that determining which is the best is more to personel prefererence, then in the depths of my mind i remembered kyle put an answer similar to this and i feel guilty as i think ive 'accidentally' cheated again, i wasn't thinking about this answer in the past days as ive had heaps of homework to bore me.
Ive asked my parents and thry say i haven't cheated as i didn't look at his work, but i just feel guilty but i don't know why

So he told you something and you wrote down something similar without realising?

As it's not deliberate it probably wouldn't count. Doing a test over a space of time is dodgy anyway so I wouldn't stress out about it!
Reply 2
What kind of test takes has a break in the middle?

You could just go look up all the answers...

Honestly, if their test is designed with some air-time, I would assume researching by discussing with others, going to the library, reviewing notes and internet research are part of the test. Why else do it like that?

I'd spend the first half of the test memorizing questions and that night researching answers. What a mad test.

Unless it's a "test" like, in a class, and isn't like an exam that you are graded on?

If that's the case, you have to ask why they are giving you the test. They are giving you it so you learn. You spoke to your friend and learnt a better answer. Mission accomplished. Why should you give a monkeys about the technicalities of cheating on such a test? If you had not "cheated" (if that's what you did) then you'd have come out having learnt less, and when you do an actual exam get a worse grade.

The only tests that matter are those that contribute to your grades (GCSE, A-level or degree etc). All other tests should be viewed as a method of learning to pass those.

If my teacher gave me an informal test on something not covered in the syllabus that I didn't think helped further my learning to that syllabus I'd do anything to cheat and get onto something worth putting my time into and be happy about it. No one should care about that kind of test but me, and if I don't, it's worthless to me.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
I decided to talk to my teacher and she says its all good, i feel a lot better after discussing it to other people, thanks for the help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending