The Student Room Group

Is this cheating?

I am gay (M) and my best friend (F) has been in a relationship with her boyfriend of 3 years. Her boyfriend and her and currently in a long distance relationship and we've been talking about sex toys and she asked if I'd want to use one on her, because I was curious about how it worked and the female experience? I was a bit taken aback and told her I'd think about it, and she seems fascinated by the idea. I'm not sure if this would be considered cheating though even though I have no sexual feelings towards her whatsoever, because I don't think her boyfriend would be okay with it?
If the bf doesn't know and/or is not okay with it then it is cheating
Original post by Anonymous
I am gay (M) and my best friend (F) has been in a relationship with her boyfriend of 3 years. Her boyfriend and her and currently in a long distance relationship and we've been talking about sex toys and she asked if I'd want to use one on her, because I was curious about how it worked and the female experience? I was a bit taken aback and told her I'd think about it, and she seems fascinated by the idea. I'm not sure if this would be considered cheating though even though I have no sexual feelings towards her whatsoever, because I don't think her boyfriend would be okay with it?

It's not really relevant whether it technically counts as "cheating". (Although I think most people would say that it does.) The point is that you "don't think her boyfriend would be okay with it". So it sounds like he would consider it cheating.

It's frankly a bit odd that she's made the suggestion, although you brought up the subject as you were "curious about how it worked and the female experience".

Ask her to confirm that her boyfriend's OK with it before proceeding. I suspect she'll cool-off on the idea at that point.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending