The Student Room Group

EU future student applying for a Computer Science Course at the following unis.

Hi!
I have applied for Computer Science at:
University of East London (offer received)
University of West London (offer received)
Greenwich University (offer received)
University of Westminster (offer yet to be received)

and for Computing at Imperial College - no offer yet but slim chances of acceptance

I can't decide which one to pick as second choice to imperial. Which of the 4 unis above is best? Which should I pick and why. I'm from Romania and have applied for next autumn.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Greenwich is best out of the ones you have there. But that's an odd set of choices you have to go along with imperial.
Reply 2
Original post by Jabberjay_
Greenwich is best out of the ones you have there. But that's an odd set of choices you have to go along with imperial.

Thanks. Obviously, I will go to Imperial if they accept me and I achieve the requirements. I chose these because I wanted only London unis
Reply 3
How come you didn't apply to places like UCl & King's? It is a bit off an odd selection haha
Original post by Rabadon
How come you didn't apply to places like UCl & King's? It is a bit off an odd selection haha

Exactly what I was thinking, if you think you can get into imperial you shouldn't fill the rest of your places with low requirement unis.
Reply 5
Well the Imperial was a long-shot to be perfectly honest and I researched the other uni's online and their courses and structures seemed pretty okay to me. Anyway it is too late to change them now.
Original post by Dime97
Hi!
I have applied for Computer Science at:
University of East London (offer received)
University of West London (offer received)
Greenwich University (offer received)
University of Westminster (offer yet to be received)

and for Computing at Imperial College - no offer yet but slim chances of acceptance

I can't decide which one to pick as second choice to imperial. Which of the 4 unis above is best? Which should I pick and why. I'm from Romania and have applied for next autumn.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi Dime97!

Our Computer Science programme is accredited by the British Computer Society and can lead to exemption from the BCS Certificate, Diploma, Professional Graduate Diploma and PGD project. Our programme also has an accreditation from the European Quality Assurance Network for Informatics Education (EQANIE).

We also have the option of a year on placement available which is something that employers really value. We have a dedicated placements office who can help you find placements in areas that you are interested in, making the process as stress free as possible! Previous placement opportunities have included companies such as IBM, Microsoft and Walt Disney.

I hope that this helps with your decision, let us know if we can help with anything else :smile:.

Poppy- University of Greenwich
Reply 7
Original post by UniofGreenwich
Hi Dime97!

Our Computer Science programme is accredited by the British Computer Society and can lead to exemption from the BCS Certificate, Diploma, Professional Graduate Diploma and PGD project. Our programme also has an accreditation from the European Quality Assurance Network for Informatics Education (EQANIE).

We also have the option of a year on placement available which is something that employers really value. We have a dedicated placements office who can help you find placements in areas that you are interested in, making the process as stress free as possible! Previous placement opportunities have included companies such as IBM, Microsoft and Walt Disney.

I hope that this helps with your decision, let us know if we can help with anything else :smile:.

Thank you for the reply, it definitely helps.
One more thing, how is your evaluation done? I mean, is it focused more on projects or exams or...?
Original post by Dime97
Thank you for the reply, it definitely helps.
One more thing, how is your evaluation done? I mean, is it focused more on projects or exams or...?

Hey :smile:
This is dependent on the modules that you study, some require you to sit an exam others to submit coursework and some to complete a project. However, for more information about this, it would be great for you to come to the open day and speak to the tutors.

Hope this helps!

Don't go to west london please, I went there for a week, just don't waste your time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending