The Student Room Group

My journey to AAAA*

I decided to make one of these threads; hopefully setting out my plan in this way will help me progress.
I'm currently studying maths, physics, biology and chemistry. I've been predicted AAAA but I am also applying for a scholarship which requires AAA* so I'm aiming for an A* in maths.
My latest mock results were A*ACC which is honestly what I expected considering the way my biology and physics exams went. My plan to improve these grades generally:

Biology: The mock was a unit 4 exam. I've decided that my weak area is data handling, HSW questions, so I'm targeting these. I'll be working through 'Data and data handling for A2 biology' in order to improve how I deal with these questions. I'll be asking my teacher if I can do another unit 4 mock in exam conditions sometime between now and exam season, in addition to past papers I do at home.

Physics: I decided that the reasons for my grade were partly poor revision, as I spent a lot of time studying areas I didn't need to and neglecting other areas, and poor exam technique. To tackle this, I will use the mock to properly identify weak areas and revise those. As for the exam technique side of things, I will ask for the ms for the mock and carefully go though it, underlining marking points and identifying where I should have said something differently. I will also do this for the homework I've been given.

As for maths and chemistry where I've met my targets, I plan to carry on what I've been doing, and start doing a past paper per week.
Original post by pineneedles
I decided to make one of these threads; hopefully setting out my plan in this way will help me progress.
I'm currently studying maths, physics, biology and chemistry. I've been predicted AAAA but I am also applying for a scholarship which requires AAA* so I'm aiming for an A* in maths.
My latest mock results were A*ACC which is honestly what I expected considering the way my biology and physics exams went. My plan to improve these grades generally:

Biology: The mock was a unit 4 exam. I've decided that my weak area is data handling, HSW questions, so I'm targeting these. I'll be working through 'Data and data handling for A2 biology' in order to improve how I deal with these questions. I'll be asking my teacher if I can do another unit 4 mock in exam conditions sometime between now and exam season, in addition to past papers I do at home.

Physics: I decided that the reasons for my grade were partly poor revision, as I spent a lot of time studying areas I didn't need to and neglecting other areas, and poor exam technique. To tackle this, I will use the mock to properly identify weak areas and revise those. As for the exam technique side of things, I will ask for the ms for the mock and carefully go though it, underlining marking points and identifying where I should have said something differently. I will also do this for the homework I've been given.

As for maths and chemistry where I've met my targets, I plan to carry on what I've been doing, and start doing a past paper per week.

Good luck with your blog! :smile:
Original post by Black Rose
Good luck with your blog! :smile:

Thank you :h: your tips helped me decide what I wanted to do.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending