Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are Eastern European girls so much nicer than Western European / British girls? Watch

Announcements

I've notices Eastern European girls seem to have much nicer and kinder personalities than Western European girls, especially British girls (apart from some scandinavian girls). Why is this?

ReputationRep:
    This is probably just down to experience; I wouldn't make sweeping generalisations like that :lol:

ReputationRep:
    generalisations...

ReputationRep:
    Out of the girls I've seen British girls are nowhere near as bad compared to American women. Seriously, we have it good here. It could be a lot worse.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Marxism...

I actually found that it is the opposite (well for the most part)

(Original post by queen-bee)
    generalisations...
    It's pretty well known that British girls generally tend to be rather ***** - like

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It's pretty well known that British girls generally tend to be rather ***** - like
    No, it's not. You get *****es from all countries, this is just your generalisation.

(Original post by Tom.x.Gotze)
    Out of the girls I've seen British girls are nowhere near as bad compared to American women. Seriously, we have it good here. It could be a lot worse.
    Yeah, but British girls are a close second

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Yeah, but British girls are a close second
    American women are a lot worse in terms of the rampant racist beliefs that seem a lot more widespread.

ReputationRep:
    It's a massive generalisation, however it's down to culture. I don't think it's fair to tarnish everyone with the same brush, however I understand where you are coming from. It's simply what the girls environments and upbringing is like.

My female friends from Eastern Europe basically have a lot less emphasis on being a strong, independent woman that is pushed in western cultures, they're very reliant on family and friends. There still seems to be a large importance on the difference between genders too. Masculinity and femininity are more prominent due to their culture. Men are told to be stereotypical men, and women are told to be stereotypical women. Clearly this is a massive generalisation and I hope nobody is offended, but it's just my personal experiences with people from; Estonia, Ukraine, Russia and Hungary.

Edit: Western girls aren't necessarily less friendly. You probably just find them slightly more intimidating because they typically have more bold personalities.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm offended.

ReputationRep:
    hey! I'm nice!

ReputationRep:
    This is a massive generalisation but in Eastern Europe families often live with entire generations under the same roof, especially in poorer and Soviet areas, there is far, far more emphasis on selfless behaviour than selfish individualism.

I am for the life of me not a communist but they are probably like this because of communism.

ReputationRep:
    way to much of a generalization, i dated a Romanian and she was after one thing, money , thus she is an ex.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of EE women have cold personalities and terrible, hard accents.

And they're more likely to hold / have family members with racist views. I'd rather take my chances with a British girl tbh.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you OP I'm a Bulgarian girl
    I have nothing bad to say about British girls though, all my friends are British and they're lovely.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 13, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.