The Student Room Group

Teacher training options with dipHE

Just looking for options really, I have a dipHE from an undergraduate course I was on that due to depression and other issues I was unable to finish, but now getting life on track I'm looking to get into primary teaching but don't know my options.

I used the official government 'getintoteaching.gov.uk' website chat and all they could say when I asked them about what my options are, is 'you need a degree'

I know, but is there any programme that exists specifically for people with a dipHE/HND (or equivalent) to get a degree or is it just a case of 'get it on your own and then get back to us' ?

Also in respect of finance, I kind of used 3 and a half years finance up on my undergraduate course due to withdrawing and then returning when I wasn't ready (silly I know) but any help in that respect would be useful.

Thanks
Original post by CodDelusion
Just looking for options really, I have a dipHE from an undergraduate course I was on that due to depression and other issues I was unable to finish, but now getting life on track I'm looking to get into primary teaching but don't know my options.

I used the official government 'getintoteaching.gov.uk' website chat and all they could say when I asked them about what my options are, is 'you need a degree'

I know, but is there any programme that exists specifically for people with a dipHE/HND (or equivalent) to get a degree or is it just a case of 'get it on your own and then get back to us' ?

Also in respect of finance, I kind of used 3 and a half years finance up on my undergraduate course due to withdrawing and then returning when I wasn't ready (silly I know) but any help in that respect would be useful.

Thanks

I can't say whether there is any programme to help dipHE top up to a degree. On the finance side if you have proof of your depression you can apply for extenuating circumstances to claim back an extra year of finance. Without that evidence though you would be looking at paying tuition fees yourself as you have used your +1 year of finance by starting that extra year. Teacher training is exempt from the finance rules however.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending