The Student Room Group

My Road to A* everywhere

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mac117
So my exams start in about a week and for the past two weeks I've done work for the first week of exams only. Is anyone else finding it annoying that the (I)GCSE papers are spread over a long period of time with subjects being spread over 2-3 weeks...?

IGCSE Start in a week, wow, I have about 3 weeks until my GCSEs and they are quite compact, so it must be annoying.

Which is your first exam? :smile:
UPDATE 22/04/16:
Finally the weekends have arrived for more intense revision :biggrin:
1. Fractional Distillation - Review
2. Maths past paper questions
3.French Reading past paper - A*
4. French Listening past paper marked - A ( Need to learn vocab)
5. Learnt first second paragraph of French C.A
6. Biology questions on Hormones & Drugs
7.Biology made questions on 1st topic
Original post by nisha.sri
UPDATE 22/04/16:
Finally the weekends have arrived for more intense revision :biggrin:
1. Fractional Distillation - Review
2. Maths past paper questions
3.French Reading past paper - A*
4. French Listening past paper marked - A ( Need to learn vocab)
5. Learnt first second paragraph of French C.A
6. Biology questions on Hormones & Drugs
7.Biology made questions on 1st topic

You're doing sooooo well!! It is amazing, keep it up :smile:
Original post by brainzistheword
You're doing sooooo well!! It is amazing, keep it up :smile:

Aww Thank you very much :h:
UPDATE FOR 22/04/16

I know I've said it before, but tomorrow I start again in earnest!! It has been too long and I have not done enough.

Made diagram of bacteria cell

Made diagram of animal cell

Made diagram of plant cell

149 German cards

30 History cards

45 Cumbria Flood

15 Kielder Water

60 Chemistry

UPDATE FOR 22/04/16
I know I've said it before, but tomorrow I start again in earnest!! It has been too long and I have not done enough.

Made diagram of bacteria cell

Made diagram of animal cell

Made diagram of plant cell

149 German cards

30 History cards

45 Cumbria Flood

15 Kielder Water

60 Chemistry

very well done!! You've done so many cards,you MUST be proud of yourself. Like i've said before the amount of cards you do , increases every single day :biggrin:
Do you have another week left?
very well done!! You've done so many cards,you MUST be proud of yourself. Like i've said before the amount of cards you do , increases every single day :biggrin:
Do you have another week left?

Haha thank you - they appear to be becoming my main source of revision. And no that's it now, back to school and I'm absolutely gutted :frown:

But anyways, we'll see how it goes :smile:
Haha thank you - they appear to be becoming my main source of revision. And no that's it now, back to school and I'm absolutely gutted :frown:

But anyways, we'll see how it goes :smile:

No worries :smile: That's good to hear :wink: But you've done a lot so don't worry about it :biggrin: I'm sure you'll do great and same i can't believe time is running and it's 3 weeks away :redface:
No worries :smile: That's good to hear :wink: But you've done a lot so don't worry about it :biggrin: I'm sure you'll do great and same i can't believe time is running and it's 3 weeks away :redface:

I hope I do and yes the whole of Year 11 has run away faster than I expected :smile:
I hope I do and yes the whole of Year 11 has run away faster than I expected :smile:

I know right :s-smilie: GAH what are your opinions about your test e.g hard/easy ?
I know right :s-smilie: GAH what are your opinions about your test e.g hard/easy ?

Some of them I find easy but others are really difficult - what about you? :smile:
Some of them I find easy but others are really difficult - what about you? :smile:

Yeh like English Literature I don't even know how to revise :frown:
Do you think the exams this year are going to be hard / easy?
I'm getting really stressed thinking about exams whethere their going to be easy/hard? :frown:
Yeh like English Literature I don't even know how to revise :frown:
Do you think the exams this year are going to be hard / easy?
I'm getting really stressed thinking about exams whethere their going to be easy/hard? :frown:

To be honest I don't think that is the right mind-set to be in because worrying over whether a test will be easy or hard isn't going to get you anywhere. You should be thinking about how much you know about what might come up, have you covered all the themes, do you know each character? :smile:

Worrying about difficulty is subjective and doesn't always mean that if a test is easy anyone will get top grades :smile:
To be honest I don't think that is the right mind-set to be in because worrying over whether a test will be easy or hard isn't going to get you anywhere. You should be thinking about how much you know about what might come up, have you covered all the themes, do you know each character? :smile:

Worrying about difficulty is subjective and doesn't always mean that if a test is easy anyone will get top grades :smile:

Thanks for the support :smile: I know all the themes but i only know the main characters not the minor ones. Also i have to memorize the quotes but i don't know how to pick them. That's true :wink:
Thanks for the support :smile: I know all the themes but i only know the main characters not the minor ones. Also i have to memorize the quotes but i don't know how to pick them. That's true :wink:

No problem :smile: And it is best if you know about every character and for picking quotes it doesn't matter which you pick.Try to use generalised ones and shorter ones are better :smile:
No problem :smile: And it is best if you know about every character and for picking quotes it doesn't matter which you pick.Try to use generalised ones and shorter ones are better :smile:

Thank you :smile: Your an angel :angel:
Thank you :smile: Your an angel :angel:

Haha you're too kind :colondollar:
Today after work I managed to do 1 core 1 past paper, did 2 hours of IT and completed the remainder of a French past paper.

I was wondering if anyone happens to be doing AQA English Lit with the conflict poetry cluster? As I'm really struggling to revise it, more generally, does anyone have good tips for revising poetry as I'm sure everyone is doing something similar?
Original post by Littleone2000
Today after work I managed to do 1 core 1 past paper, did 2 hours of IT and completed the remainder of a French past paper.

I was wondering if anyone happens to be doing AQA English Lit with the conflict poetry cluster? As I'm really struggling to revise it, more generally, does anyone have good tips for revising poetry as I'm sure everyone is doing something similar?

Well done on today and no sorry :smile: for poetry try annotating random poems and research about some poet. Hope i helped :biggrin:
IGCSE Start in a week, wow, I have about 3 weeks until my GCSEs and they are quite compact, so it must be annoying.

Which is your first exam? :smile:

Geography Paper 1 and English Language paper 2. Easy, or at least I hope so :P

I'm glad they start so soon, since I want this to be over already! And this is now going to be my last week of school, since the entire may we only have to show up for exams. After that I have two weeks of work experience, and then last week of school is the preparation of IB so I have technically two months off after this week (if you exclude exams,haha)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending