The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Yahya1997
So I know that this is early, my stats are GCSE: 1A* 6A's 3B's and 2C's. A2 prediction: AAB. Will be applying here during my gap year next year. Whats everyones stats? Hopefully I will be in UEA next year since im still waiting for theyre reply.

Hi,
what subjects are you doing at A2 level?
I'm not applying this year but UEA looks really interesting as I'm only doing one science subject
my stats are-
4A*s 4As 4Bs with special circumstanes at GCSE
I am predicted AAB/ABB in Biology and two soft subjects (Health and Social care and Urdu- Alevel)
I did AS psychology and am retaking it- aiming to get an A
What are the chances I get an interview?

Thanks

NK
Reply 2
Your chances are very high, there's someone who applied this year who done no science subjects and got an interview. Your grades are solid and hopefully you should get an interview. I'm doing maths, bio and chem with psychology being dropped at AS. UEA has the most beautiful campus I've ever seen and the course focuses so much on the qualities that make a good doctor. This is for entry in September 2017.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Your chances are very high, there's someone who applied this year who done no science subjects and got an interviewr. Your grades are solid and hopefully you should get an interview. I'm doing maths, bio and chem with psychology being droops at AS. UEA has the most beautiful campus I've ever seen and the course focuses so much on the qualities that make a good doctor. This is for entry in September 2017.

Have you applied this year or are you applying next year?
Wow you've done great subjects and have brilliant grades!
It's good that the course focuses on social and ethical qualities some med schools seem like they just want robots, I mean you need excellent grades, a ton of work experience, an even better UKCAT/BMAT and be able to talk like a politician.
The standards are high and medics are great, but some just come across socially awkward/unaware so it means a lot that they focus on qualities that would make someone a good doctor!
Thanks for the reassurance. I hope we both get their!
NK
Reply 4
Original post by NK18444
Have you applied this year or are you applying next year?
Wow you've done great subjects and have brilliant grades!
It's good that the course focuses on social and ethical qualities some med schools seem like they just want robots, I mean you need excellent grades, a ton of work experience, an even better UKCAT/BMAT and be able to talk like a politician.
The standards are high and medics are great, but some just come across socially awkward/unaware so it means a lot that they focus on qualities that would make someone a good doctor!
Thanks for the reassurance. I hope we both get their!
NK

Yeah I've applied this year and waiting for the response, hopefully all goes well this year.
GCSE: 2A*, 6A, 3B
A2 Predictions: AAA
UKCAT: 703.
Looking forward to apply here, really wanna do a 6-year course a foundation year. Going to apply for the 2017 entry. Good luck to all fellow applicants ^^
So I know that this is early, my stats are GCSE: 1A* 6A's 3B's and 2C's. A2 prediction: AAB. Will be applying here during my gap year next year. Whats everyones stats? Hopefully I will be in UEA next year since im still waiting for theyre reply.

I've moved this thread to the Medicine area, hopefully you will get more responses here :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Charlotte49
I've moved this thread to the Medicine area, hopefully you will get more responses here :smile:

Thankyou
Reply 8
I'm applying for the A104 course this year too. I just went through the 2016 thread for the A104 course and it was an emotional rollercoaster.
does anyone know if anyone with a ukcat of 593 got in?? please let me know asap xxx
Reply 10
Hey there, I got interviewed last year with an average of 588 and band 3. So I would believe that yes people should be able to get in with a score like that.
Reply 11
Hey there, I got interviewed last year with an average of 588 and band 3. So I would believe that yes people should be able to get in with a score like that.

That's my current UKCAT score, but I got a band 2 SJT. Was really looking forward to studying medicine at UEA but admissions said that I can't. So it's Cardiff for me. I'll be applying to UEA for biomedicine so UEA might still be the one.
Good luck to everyone applying. :smile:
Original post by derxk
That's my current UKCAT score, but I got a band 2 SJT. Was really looking forward to studying medicine at UEA but admissions said that I can't. So it's Cardiff for me. I'll be applying to UEA for biomedicine so UEA might still be the one.
Good luck to everyone applying. :smile:

why can't you apply to uea foundation?

you actually made my day by posting this comment! i got 593 band 4..do you think I have a chance?
Reply 14
I don't think ukcat is used for selecting candidates so you should have a pretty decent chance of getting in if the rest of your application is strong!
I'm applying to uea for A104 too :smile:
Reply 15
Original post by linaaa1123
why can't you apply to uea foundation?

Because I live in London and don't come from an underperforming school. I wasn't aware of the "contextual criteria" requirements. Good that I emailed admissions to confirm before I hit the apply button. 😌
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by linaaa1123
you actually made my day by posting this comment! i got 593 band 4..do you think I have a chance?

That's roughly about the same as my UKCAT score. It seems decent enough to get in and most universities don't refer to UKCAT scores when it comes to Foundation courses for medicine. Good luck though :smile:
7 As and 3Bs at GCSE. Predicted 37 IB points (including 2 core). I just hope that's enough
Original post by NK18444
Hi,
what subjects are you doing at A2 level?
I'm not applying this year but UEA looks really interesting as I'm only doing one science subject
my stats are-
4A*s 4As 4Bs with special circumstanes at GCSE
I am predicted AAB/ABB in Biology and two soft subjects (Health and Social care and Urdu- Alevel)
I did AS psychology and am retaking it- aiming to get an A
What are the chances I get an interview?

Thanks

NK

How come you are taking a gap year?
I'm on the Foundation course now at UEA, and I know that there are lots of people on the course from good schools in London. I didn't think it was an issue.

Latest

Trending

Trending