The Student Room Group

My Teacher

I'm a girl in year 9 currently, and until recently english was my worst subject; i understood nothing and hated it but suddenly this year I started enjoying it more and more. Eventually I stopped being shy, I went from hardly looking up in lessons to not being able to take my eyes off of my teacher, I wouldn't say she is attractive but she is honestly the loveliest person ever, including jokes in lessons and often going off topic and having 'banter' with students.
But slowly I started thinking about her more and more in and out of school, when she talked to me my heart would skip a beat, i sometimes got hot and embarrassed, i would walk past her room as often as i could hoping she would see me; only once she was walking out and we had a short convosation.
I feel like if i told anyone they would think i am so weird and I would end up the laughing stock of the class but I hate having these feelings bottled up inside, everytime i think about her i smile, i hear her name and smile. Whenever she mentions her son in class I sit there for like 5 minutes wishing she was my mum.
None of these feelings are sexual or romantic; i certainly don't want to kiss or even hug her.
Feel free to share stories and advice below!
Original post by Anonymous
I'm a girl in year 9 currently, and until recently english was my worst subject; i understood nothing and hated it but suddenly this year I started enjoying it more and more. Eventually I stopped being shy, I went from hardly looking up in lessons to not being able to take my eyes off of my teacher, I wouldn't say she is attractive but she is honestly the loveliest person ever, including jokes in lessons and often going off topic and having 'banter' with students.
But slowly I started thinking about her more and more in and out of school, when she talked to me my heart would skip a beat, i sometimes got hot and embarrassed, i would walk past her room as often as i could hoping she would see me; only once she was walking out and we had a short convosation.
I feel like if i told anyone they would think i am so weird and I would end up the laughing stock of the class but I hate having these feelings bottled up inside, everytime i think about her i smile, i hear her name and smile. Whenever she mentions her son in class I sit there for like 5 minutes wishing she was my mum.
None of these feelings are sexual or romantic; i certainly don't want to kiss or even hug her.
Feel free to share stories and advice below!

Are you a guy or girl?

I have like "attatchments" to teachers - I'm not obsessed with them and it's definitely not a crush - but I guess it's similar....
My first "attachment" was in Year 5 and then my science teacher in year 7, maths teacher in Year 8 and another science teacher now in Year 11.
When I say "attatched" it sounds creepy.... especially 'cause it's usually a one way thing (lies..... I'm usually which ever teacher it is favourite - apt my current one) but I don't know how else to describe it....
Reply 2
I know how you feel and what you're talking about. I had this Religious Studies teacher in my old school. She was the BEST AND FUNNIEST TEACHER EVER!! Every single student 'loved' her. I felt very sad that I left the school and will never see her again. Im missing her a lot, she is my true inspiration in life and I will always remember her as the best teacher I ever had. There should be more teachers like that. You are very lucky to have a teacher like her.
I know what you mean, I sometimes get like this with teachers! I don't know why, I guess I just really admire them or something
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Are you a guy or girl?

I have like "attatchments" to teachers - I'm not obsessed with them and it's definitely not a crush - but I guess it's similar....
My first "attachment" was in Year 5 and then my science teacher in year 7, maths teacher in Year 8 and another science teacher now in Year 11.
When I say "attatched" it sounds creepy.... especially 'cause it's usually a one way thing (lies..... I'm usually which ever teacher it is favourite - apt my current one) but I don't know how else to describe it....

im a girl :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending