The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Original post by Shane7
On my provisional license it says my place of birth is England, but I would prefer it to say United Kingdom because I was raised and live in Scotland. How do I change my place of birth on my provisional or my driving license (My test is on Friday). Thank you in advance.

Where were you born?
I'm confused. You were born in England but you don't want your licence to say that because you currently live in Scotland?
Reply 3
Original post by jneill
Where were you born?

England. However, I have seen various people have United Kingdom on their provisional/driving license however mines does not. I have also heard of people changing it from the UK to their hometown.It is said that all you need is proof that you were born in that country, I do. So is it possible to change it from England to the United Kingdom/how do I do it? Because I've known others who have done this.
Reply 4
Original post by SmallTownGirl
I'm confused. You were born in England but you don't want your licence to say that because you currently live in Scotland?

Lol yes. I was only born in England and moved to Scotland when I was 2 weeks old. I've always identified myself as British because of this.
Original post by Shane7
Lol yes. I was only born in England and moved to Scotland when I was 2 weeks old. I've always identified myself as British because of this.

But it's not wrong. Or inaccurate. You WERE born in England.
Reply 6
Original post by Shane7
England. However, I have seen various people have United Kingdom on their provisional/driving license however mines does not. I have also heard of people changing it from the UK to their hometown.It is said that all you need is proof that you were born in that country, I do. So is it possible to change it from England to the United Kingdom/how do I do it? Because I've known others who have done this.

Try this:
https://www.gov.uk/change-address-driving-licence#before-you-start
Worry about your driving test, not this nonsense. You were born in England, your driving licence says you were born in England. Jeez.
Reply 8

Thank you mate. I spotted that before too. I reckon that will do it. Either that or I could reapply for my license. But thanks for looking into it for me.
Reply 9
Original post by Duncan2012
Worry about your driving test, not this nonsense. You were born in England, your driving licence says you were born in England. Jeez.

Will you pray for me Dunkie boy?

But that's changing OP's current address. That won't change their place of birth.
Reply 11
But that's changing OP's current address. That won't change their place of birth.

The licence can show the specific country of birth (e.g. England) OR United Kingdom. Either would be correct.

They might be able to request a change of address to notify the desired country.
Original post by jneill
The licence can show the specific country of birth (e.g. England) OR United Kingdom. Either would be correct.

They might be able to request a change of address to notify the desired country.

But the link you provided is specifically for change of current address when someone moves house. I have used it at least twice and I'm pretty sure you cannot change any other details.
Reply 13
But the link you provided is specifically for change of current address when someone moves house. I have used it at least twice and I'm pretty sure you cannot change any other details.

Yes fair enough. I just said to try it...

Anyway - OP should probably ask DVLA direct to be sure

https://emaildvla.direct.gov.uk/emaildvla/cegemail/dvla/en/driver_1_2_6.html
It's not really a big deal, is it? :/
Reply 15
Original post by jneill
Yes fair enough. I just said to try it...

Anyway - OP should probably ask DVLA direct to be sure

https://emaildvla.direct.gov.uk/emaildvla/cegemail/dvla/en/driver_1_2_6.html

Cheers, will this email directly go to someone who knows about these situations? This will probably be the best way to go about it. How long will it take them to reply because I have my test on Friday and I'll no longer have a provisional for a few weeks.
Reply 16
Original post by Legendary Quest
It's not really a big deal, is it? :/

A small deal
I was born in Timor Leste

Latest

Trending

Trending