Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, new to this!

Due to take my driving practical test, in a weeks time. I can properly drive, but not amazing at manoeuvers. Was wondering would I automatically fail if I did mess up on my manoeuvre, or is it classed as a minor. I'm really confident driving generally and do a great job I am just scared about the manoeuvres. Also sometimes stall, for stupid reasons like clutch control Or being in wrong gear!

Thanks, all replies are appreciated
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Don't crash and you'll be fine

ReputationRep:
    "I can properly drive, but not amazing at manoeuvres"

Considered with

"I'm really confident driving generally and do a great job... also I sometimes stall for bad clutch control and being in the wrong gear".

(paraphrased the last one, but the meaning is the same you'll agree)

These are contradictory sentences. Have you voiced these concerns with your driving instructor, or have they raised them with you?

I'm surprised that they're entering you for a driving test when there are such basic mistakes being made.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Don't crash and you'll be fine
    A school friend of mine crashed and passed :P
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by XMaramena)
    A school friend of mine crashed and passed :P
    Passed as in died or you mean he actually passed the driving test?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Passed as in died or you mean he actually passed the driving test?
    haha passed the driving test - got run into by a van from behind while waiting on a red light. Since it was near the end of the test, she'd already completed the maneuvers, and the collision was no fault of her own, there were no black marks to be put on her test and it was passed. With a written off car. But passed all the same.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.