The Student Room Group

A2 Geography Coursework (WJEC)

For my coursework i have to do "An investigation of change over time in a Geographical pattern or feature, seeking explanation for that change." I've already told all 3 of my geography teachers that i'm going to do "How and why shopping patterns vary over the course of a day at a named out-of-town shopping centre" but now i'm having doubts over whether i want to do this or not, as it is very simple and similar to what i did for GCSE (for which i got full marks), so maybe i should choose something else. I definitely want to do something human...any ideas?
Reply 1
I think an out-of-town shopping centre would be fine. Did the exam board set that question? I do WJEC too, but we can choose our own topic, so i've chosen quality of life in my town...lol obviously thats not the title but i cant remember it right now.
Reply 2
I've just finished A2 WJEC Geography. For my coursework I did 'Does Cardiff have areas of socio-economic deprivation?' I then looked at why it occurs where it does and focused on spatial inequalities. It was a really interesting project - I recommend something like it! :smile: There is no problem with doing a retail-related study though - a girl in my class did the location/ sphere of influence of the local Sainsbury's and got an A! :biggrin:
Reply 3
-xsarahx-
I think an out-of-town shopping centre would be fine. Did the exam board set that question? I do WJEC too, but we can choose our own topic, so i've chosen quality of life in my town...lol obviously thats not the title but i cant remember it right now.

Yeah the exam board set that question - i have to do the Geographical Assignment route. You must be doing the Individual Investigation - you're so lucky! The only reason we have to do the exam board set one is because it is externally marked and there are nearly 40 people doing geography so it would be loads of marking for the teacher if we did the other route! But it is such a pain (the "over time" bit of the Q).

Latest

Trending

Trending