The Student Room Group

What to do in 4 month Summer?!!!?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Moonstruck16
It's a nice idea, just involves spending money normally. Aka what's left of your loan :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yup, my experience will back that up. I'm going to be on a summer school programme and I'm paying for my own travel, food and other expenses :smile: (silently panicking about how much it's all going to total to but it should be fine; I'm a worrier)
I'm gonna spend it working and volunteering. I do education studies, so volunteering in a school is ideal
You could join a summer school programme. I'm doing that and I'm in my second year.
You could do a gov. funded 3 month placement http://www.volunteerics.org/ The duration abroad slightly put me off- I'd be fine with a month or so for now.
You can volunteer with different charities in the UK or look for internships. Volunteer at one-off events? They can be good fun and you meet lots of great people.
Last summer, I mostly relaxed o.O, went out and about in London (even though it's my home city- it was one of my ways to take a break from everything) so you could travel around the UK instead?
You could go on holiday abroad too?
Original post by cuty123
Hi there,
I am a first year student at UCL and my exams will be over by the end of May. Which means I will be free from June to September.
However, I have NOTHING to do all summer and dont want to end up staying at home the whole time.
Any suggestions on what to do for uni students over summer, other than get a job. And if you recommend any volunteering etc can you guys give examples as I'm stuggling to find some!!

Travelling?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Heard of people teaching English as a foreign language in countries such as Vietnam or Bangladesh, you can do a good thing and get to know another culture. :smile:
Original post by Moonstruck16
It's a nice idea, just involves spending money normally. Aka what's left of your loan :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thats true but i always found them worth the money. I would usually save up money from my job during the year so I could afford to take a course in the Summer.
Reply 26
Original post by cuty123
Hi there,
I am a first year student at UCL and my exams will be over by the end of May. Which means I will be free from June to September.
However, I have NOTHING to do all summer and dont want to end up staying at home the whole time.
Any suggestions on what to do for uni students over summer, other than get a job. And if you recommend any volunteering etc can you guys give examples as I'm stuggling to find some!!

Get some relevant work experience, but have fun too, the summer in the first year is a luxury!
Too late for Camp America now, but maybe next summer?
I've herd camp America is fun try that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Book a holiday
i've worked full-time every summer since i finished a levels, there's a thought
NCS!!
Original post by gr8wizard10
i've worked full-time every summer since i finished a levels, there's a thought

What have you worked? If I may ask. I am doing my final year, and I'll be free during the next summer before joining a Uni/College. So I am a little bit lost. Any fun things to do? Thanks!
Original post by Ahmed Alfarra
What have you worked? If I may ask. I am doing my final year, and I'll be free during the next summer before joining a Uni/College. So I am a little bit lost. Any fun things to do? Thanks!

investment banking internships
Original post by gr8wizard10
investment banking internships

Let the poor kid enjoy life before they sell their soul

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cuty123
struggling to find a part time job or cheap volunteering abroad!

depending where home is there;s nearly always work available over the summer, whether it;s line work or picking in warehouses ( hard work but it'll get you fit by walking a decent distance every day unless you all ready have a FLT licence or can drive shunters) and can be good craic) or catering / stewarding / labouring for events / festivals / gigs
get a job you lazy ****
Original post by cuty123
Hi there,
Original post by eddyymartin
get a job you lazy ****

What part of 'suggestion other than a job' did you not understand?

Posted from TSR Mobile
IVHQ do the most affordable volunteering abroad I've found, but there's so much stuff around the UK you can do as well like I'm pretty sure there'll be jobs going at the Edinburgh Festival this summer and you could probably volunteer at festivals and stuff too :smile:
volunteer at a local food bank

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending