The Student Room Group

Learning from the mark scheme

So I have 4 resits ( 2 x chem and 2 x bio) I have 9 exams altogether. I need to get AAA to get into my firm choice and I procrastinate and have been ill for several weeks. My friend said to go straight into learning the mark scheme for things partiicularly biology and chemistry and doing loads of past papers. Is this the best way to get A's? Im so stressed I feel as if making notes is wasting my time because even though I write them I don't know any of it :[
Original post by aladdin818
So I have 4 resits ( 2 x chem and 2 x bio) I have 9 exams altogether. I need to get AAA to get into my firm choice and I procrastinate and have been ill for several weeks. My friend said to go straight into learning the mark scheme for things partiicularly biology and chemistry and doing loads of past papers. Is this the best way to get A's? Im so stressed I feel as if making notes is wasting my time because even though I write them I don't know any of it :[

I find my chemistry course (OCR Salters B) very repetitive and therefore learning from the markscheme in some questions is the best way to revise (e.g. "what is an enantiomer?" or questions about the electron pair repulsion theory), however there are some questions i would recommend really getting to grips with otherwise it's difficult to get good marks in those ones.
Biology however is a different story. I do AQA and I find that they change the definitions slightly every year to prevent people learning from the mark scheme. Biology is so applied too so I think it's very difficult to learn from the mark scheme. I would learn it properly so you understand it to maximise your marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest