The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Student bus passes

Do the bus company's offer a yearly bus pass? Is this the cheapest option and how much would it be?
Reply 1
Original post by WillRose67
Do the bus company's offer a yearly bus pass? Is this the cheapest option and how much would it be?

Yes they do and it's £336. Its cheap if you are planning on getting the bus everyday or week. You can view the prices on the NCTX website
(edited 8 years ago)
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by WillRose67

Original post by kkboyk
Yes they do and it's £336. Its cheap if you are planning on getting the bus everyday or week. You can view the prices on the NCTX website

Actually you can get an academic bus ticket for the year put onto your student card for £199
Reply 3
Original post by Jenx301
Actually you can get an academic bus ticket for the year put onto your student card for £199

I'm not a student at NTU or UoN, so I just get the £90 per term deal.
Reply 4
Original post by kkboyk
I'm not a student at NTU or UoN, so I just get the £90 per term deal.

Ah ok was just making sure you knew so you weren't paying too much!
It depends on what bus operator you have, and what region of the country you're in. Look at what busses you want to get, and what company runs them. Then, go to that company's website, and look on there. In Bristol (for example), First do an academic year bus pass (I think they also do it for 1 term, not sure). Be careful though, as in Bristol there are two zones, and depending on where you want to go you may need a more expensive ticket (not sure if this is the case in other places). If you need to get two busses from two different operators, you may be able to get a bus pass that will do both, depends on where you are.

Edit: Depending on the operator, you may be able to get student discounts on singles/returns. You may need to show student ID. Where I live, this is you university card (that you are usually given when you enrol), although I'd imagine some may ask for NUS, again, depends on the operator and location.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Jenx301
Ah ok was just making sure you knew so you weren't paying too much!

No worries. It'll be useful for future students searching here :tongue: Are you in your first yr?
Reply 7
Original post by kkboyk
No worries. It'll be useful for future students searching here :tongue: Are you in your first yr?

Nope final :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Jenx301
Nope final :smile:

I'm guessing you had the time of your life at Trent? :tongue: Almost all my friends there are enjoying it.
Reply 9
Original post by kkboyk
I'm guessing you had the time of your life at Trent? :tongue: Almost all my friends there are enjoying it.

It's a really good uni - what do you do?
Reply 10
Original post by Jenx301
It's a really good uni - what do you do?

I'm repeating the year since I hated my previous subjects :colondollar:
Original post by kkboyk
I'm repeating the year since I hated my previous subjects :colondollar:

College? or....?
Reply 12
Original post by Jenx301
College? or....?

Sixth form. It's also on the route of the number 4 bus (Trent students hates us haha).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending