The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Hey I am gonna start in September and taking BTEC Business. Yea i wonder too how this course is. Where are you doing this course?
Reply 2
Im currently doing BTEC Business at college and really enjoy it. The work load is quite big, i get roughly 3 assignments a week (although the deadlines are between 1-2 weeks, occasionally 3 weeks). At my college i have 3 different teachers covering different areas, for example one is teaching finance, another marketing and another employment procedures.
The best thing about it is, so long as you meet the pass criteria on a assignment (which takes the most work) then you can always go back later on in the course and upgrade it to merit/distinction (which take less work) providing your teacher is willing to mark it (if you come to them with 1 week left with 7 assignments to mark i doubt they'lll be too pleased :p: )

I would deffinatly recommend it though, its a lot more practical than business studies and for me it means 2 less subjects that i have to do exams for, so i only had 3 exams to do, while my friends had 5/6 so thats always nice..
Reply 3
Ian McG
Im currently doing BTEC Business at college and really enjoy it. The work load is quite big, i get roughly 3 assignments a week (although the deadlines are between 1-2 weeks, occasionally 3 weeks). At my college i have 3 different teachers covering different areas, for example one is teaching finance, another marketing and another employment procedures.
The best thing about it is, so long as you meet the pass criteria on a assignment (which takes the most work) then you can always go back later on in the course and upgrade it to merit/distinction (which take less work) providing your teacher is willing to mark it (if you come to them with 1 week left with 7 assignments to mark i doubt they'lll be too pleased :p: )

I would deffinatly recommend it though, its a lot more practical than business studies and for me it means 2 less subjects that i have to do exams for, so i only had 3 exams to do, while my friends had 5/6 so thats always nice..

do you do other subjects besides th btec?
Reply 4
Rubina
Hey I am gonna start in September and taking BTEC Business. Yea i wonder too how this course is. Where are you doing this course?

me, i am doing it at my local collage
Reply 5
If you want to go to uni it would be best to combine it with an A level or 2.

What are your predicted GCSEs?
Reply 6
kirstinx
If you want to go to uni it would be best to combine it with an A level or 2.

What are your predicted GCSEs?

GNVQ I.T Merit - (worth 4 GCSE A-C)
English - D
Maths - D
Science double award - C/C
Geography C/D?
RE - D
Reply 7
Why dont you do AVCE ICT along with the diploma?
Reply 8
steve789
do you do other subjects besides th btec?

yeahh i do 3 other subjects aswell

Latest

Trending

Trending