I am thinking of doing BTEC NAT DIPLOMA in busineess Watch

steve789
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
i am thinking of taking BTEC Business starting (sept07) just wondering what people thought of the crouse, and the work load to get a DDD and do uni`s repect this!. It would be great if you could get back to me THANKS:rolleyes:
Rubina
Report 12 years ago
Hey I am gonna start in September and taking BTEC Business. Yea i wonder too how this course is. Where are you doing this course?
Ian McG
Report 12 years ago
Im currently doing BTEC Business at college and really enjoy it. The work load is quite big, i get roughly 3 assignments a week (although the deadlines are between 1-2 weeks, occasionally 3 weeks). At my college i have 3 different teachers covering different areas, for example one is teaching finance, another marketing and another employment procedures.
The best thing about it is, so long as you meet the pass criteria on a assignment (which takes the most work) then you can always go back later on in the course and upgrade it to merit/distinction (which take less work) providing your teacher is willing to mark it (if you come to them with 1 week left with 7 assignments to mark i doubt they'lll be too pleased :p: )

I would deffinatly recommend it though, its a lot more practical than business studies and for me it means 2 less subjects that i have to do exams for, so i only had 3 exams to do, while my friends had 5/6 so thats always nice..
steve789
(Original post by Ian McG)
Im currently doing BTEC Business at college and really enjoy it. The work load is quite big, i get roughly 3 assignments a week (although the deadlines are between 1-2 weeks, occasionally 3 weeks). At my college i have 3 different teachers covering different areas, for example one is teaching finance, another marketing and another employment procedures.
The best thing about it is, so long as you meet the pass criteria on a assignment (which takes the most work) then you can always go back later on in the course and upgrade it to merit/distinction (which take less work) providing your teacher is willing to mark it (if you come to them with 1 week left with 7 assignments to mark i doubt they'lll be too pleased :p: )

I would deffinatly recommend it though, its a lot more practical than business studies and for me it means 2 less subjects that i have to do exams for, so i only had 3 exams to do, while my friends had 5/6 so thats always nice..
do you do other subjects besides th btec?
steve789
(Original post by Rubina)
Hey I am gonna start in September and taking BTEC Business. Yea i wonder too how this course is. Where are you doing this course?
me, i am doing it at my local collage
Purple
Badges: 15
Report 12 years ago
If you want to go to uni it would be best to combine it with an A level or 2.

What are your predicted GCSEs?
steve789
(Original post by kirstinx)
If you want to go to uni it would be best to combine it with an A level or 2.

What are your predicted GCSEs?
GNVQ I.T Merit - (worth 4 GCSE A-C)
English - D
Maths - D
Science double award - C/C
Geography C/D?
RE - D
Purple
Badges: 15
Report 12 years ago
Why dont you do AVCE ICT along with the diploma?
Ian McG
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by steve789)
do you do other subjects besides th btec?
yeahh i do 3 other subjects aswell
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (160)
17.66%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (78)
8.61%
No I am happy with my course choice (540)
59.6%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (128)
14.13%

Watched Threads