The Student Room Group

How is everyone preparing for exam? AQA AS Psychology

Hello TSRians,
How is everyone preparing for the upcoming exams next month? I've pretty much finished revising unit 1 and was looking to get some exam technique done, however when I asked my teacher if they had any past papers from last year I got grilled.They said they were "too different". So, if this is the case how are you working on your exam technique? I've already done the specimen papers. Also, does anybody know where I can find any good quizlet lists for AQA As Psychology?
Specifically one about studies
Cheers guys
Reply 1
Original post by anadowndo
Hello TSRians,
How is everyone preparing for the upcoming exams next month? I've pretty much finished revising unit 1 and was looking to get some exam technique done, however when I asked my teacher if they had any past papers from last year I got grilled.They said they were "too different". So, if this is the case how are you working on your exam technique? I've already done the specimen papers. Also, does anybody know where I can find any good quizlet lists for AQA As Psychology?
Specifically one about studies
Cheers guys
hey are you retaking? if so I am to
If you're using the Green Haired Girl Book, you can work through some of those questions.

The mark scheme for the old specification is too different for you to practice on for this specification (and there are new question types - multiple choice), so she was right to advise you away. Use them for ideas on question types.

http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/psychology/as-and-a-level/psychology-7181-7182/assessment-resources

You can use all of the papers on that link to help you. Use both AS and A-Level to help you with Unit 1/2 - the questions from these will most likely not appear in the real exam so you can use them for predictions.

Have a look at the Psychology studyblr link in my signature. It has loads of infographics and advice :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Findlay6
If you're using the Green Haired Girl Book, you can work through some of those questions.

Haha, took me a while to realise which book you were referring to there - will take a look at that. Cheers
Reply 4
Original post by noey123
hey are you retaking? if so I am to

Not retaking, but all my other subjects are A2
Reply 5
If you also have the ocr as and alevel psychology book ( the one with the multicolour lemon) they have good exam questions at the end of each section and overall it's a good book for revision. Also I'm relying on the OCR handouts with summaries and worksheets as they're quite useful😊
Reply 6
As well as doing the papers, I've been looking at the examiners reports of what they would like to be included in answers to give me an idea of what to write. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending