Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering if a 50/50 split liability claim will count as at fault on my insurance policy. Also Will this effect my premiums?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes and yes. Any claim will increase your premiums even with a no claims protector and even if you weren't at fault.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Does the premium raise according to the severity of the accident. And thanks for quick reply

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mehmet_Sarica_)
    Does the premium raise according to the severity of the accident. And thanks for quick reply

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When I had a 50/50 claim I lost 3 years no-claims. At the end of the year in which I had the crash I would have had 4 but it reduced down to 1. The price was roughly double to renew.

ReputationRep:
    How much did you pay before and at renewal? Was it a serious accident?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes, and yes.

I wouldn't be surprised if the other party is with the same insurance company as you.

ReputationRep:
    No they are not, my insurance told me. Also how much do you think it will effect premiums with protected no claims.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No they are not, my insurance told me. Also how much do you think it will effect premiums with protected no claims.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Call them and ask them how are we supposed to know depends how much they pay out 😂
    Someone i know had a fault claim which caused the insuer to pay out £41k they didnt send him renewal invitation so its differnet for everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joeey009)
    Call them and ask them how are we supposed to know depends how much they pay out 😂
    Someone i know had a fault claim which caused the insuer to pay out £41k they didnt send him renewal invitation so its differnet for everyone
    ****s sake😂😂😂how did he manage to do damage that bad? What did he hit a hyper car?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ****s sake😂😂😂how did he manage to do damage that bad? What did he hit a hyper car?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Motorway accident in a foreign country 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joeey009)
    Motorway accident in a foreign country 😂
    Oh dear😂 was he alright and how bad was the damage?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear😂 was he alright and how bad was the damage?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah fine his car got written off and damages to other cars etc came to that amount i guess.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, whenever I have filled in the forms for insurance they haven't asked whether or not I was at fault for a claim, just if there had been one and what the total amount was.

ReputationRep:
    When you switched insurers was the price cheaper or more expensive? And how many claims did you have?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I haven't switched so far as my current insurer has always been the cheapest option. Just the one claim.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.