Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Thoughts, Ideas, Tips?
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by runningcat)
    Thoughts, Ideas, Tips?
    Hi! I moved this into the physics exams forum for you - you're more likely to get an answer here

ReputationRep:
    I am almost certain that stationary waves will be tested vigorously in paper 1 as it isn't involved much in any of the specimen papers. SI units will also be tested in the MCQ section of paper 2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kaasi)
    I am almost certain that stationary waves will be tested vigorously in paper 1 as it isn't involved much in any of the specimen papers. SI units will also be tested in the MCQ section of paper 2.
    I had a feeling stationary waves may come up as well, refractive index as well, just a gut feeling. SI Units I am okay with, I just have to keep going over them so that I don't get confused xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by runningcat)
    I had a feeling stationary waves may come up as well, refractive index as well, just a gut feeling. SI Units I am okay with, I just have to keep going over them so that I don't get confused xD
    What do we need to know about stationary waves

ReputationRep:
    Which exam board is this for?

ReputationRep:
    For OCR I'm expecting a lot of uncertainty and error questions basing off the specimens.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing aqa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    What do we need to know about stationary waves
    how they're formed
    superposition
    measuring stationary waves

ReputationRep:
    how are you guys revising for it? I'm doing AQA and finding it really difficult :/.... I feel like I understand the topic but when I start doing past papers it just makes no sense!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone done either of the sets of AQA specimen papers? If so, how did you find them?

ReputationRep:
    Im finding the practical and data analysis bits hard. Any tips? Especially on the uncertainty and limitations of methods

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by funkybinoculars)
    how are you guys revising for it? I'm doing AQA and finding it really difficult :/.... I feel like I understand the topic but when I start doing past papers it just makes no sense!
    (Original post by Kozmo)
    Has anyone done either of the sets of AQA specimen papers? If so, how did you find them?
    Revising is more than just learning. It's more to do with the types of questions. just spend chunks of your time doing questions and written answers.

As for specimen papers, 95% of the whole physics department in my college FAILED THEM.. it says a-lot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 11234)
    Im finding the practical and data analysis bits hard. Any tips? Especially on the uncertainty and limitations of methods
    I've been advised to focus on measuring uncertainties and calculating percentage uncertainties. knowing how to read micrometers and vernier callipers.
    Limitations of methods is a concept that you just have to learn and apply accordingly

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.